Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been called for jury duty twice. First time was back in 1996. The second was in 2000.

The first time I was in the potential pool when we got word that there was an out of court settlement. So, for 3 hours I got my 20 bucks and ran.

The second time was for a murder trial. My cousin was murdered. No way in hell would I be picked for that trial, and wasn't.

I really hope I don't get called anytime soon. I really don't want to serve. I'm just way too busy at work, and it would be hard to cover for me.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I've never been summoned. I wish I would because I want to stand up like on TV for justice (Tm) and say, You. Are. Guilty!! Or is it the lawyers that do that? I forget. :P
      Can't reason with the unreasonable.
      The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Got called twice when I lived in my Birth city One I can not remember what it was and One was a capital murder trial. I was not selected but thought I would be as I was a lower manger of a restaurant.

I found out later why I was not selected for the jury. I worked at another restaurant in the chain for about 2 months and I was going through the Rolodex on the management desk. I came across the defendants lawyers card. I commented out loud about this and one of the workers said the defendants was like his father or uncle (fuzzy memory).

I was in larger city north of my birth city and got called for duty once in 12 years. Had to sit around the jury pool selection room for a day and got put on a jury in an insurance claim civil case. QUick trial standard stuff home by 6pm

Here in Cheeseheadland Central I have been called by the county twice in 10 years. We are "on-call" for 4 days (M - Th) where we are required to call in to see if we are needed for a pool for the next day. No pool = go about your normal day Pool = go to jury pool room and wait for your assignment.

was in the pool for a case the first time around. But I could have gotten out of it if necessary because it was a domestic violence case and I was married to a victim (my now Ex-wife) of such violence and and not too keen to see them free (YES I have bias)
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
          I'm confused who got to bang the gavel?
          "It squeaks when you bang it...that's what she said..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl5BfXH9iPM
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            -Reckless Discharge of a Firearm
            Was his name Bubba?
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
            X