This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it be nice to cashiers day?

Did I miss a memo? Never have I had so many customers be so exceptionally nice.

When I clock in, the first thing I do is get my little radio that sits ontop of my register set up. Today, however, I discovered that its batteries had died. As I was in the process of coming to this realization a customer walked up to my register. I set the radio down, looked up at the customer and informed her that my radio's batteries were now only good for launching from oversized slingshot (long story, I should have been wearing a helmet). She walks over to our battery display and buys batteries for me, despite my protests.

About an hour into my shift, I was putting some top-stock up on a top shelf when one can got away from was headed straight for my face. Out of nowhere a hand darts into my line of view and grabs the can. I situate the rest of the cans and turn around to thank the person and he told me it was what he was looking for anyway.

For some reason the heater at my store is still running. It's hot. Really hot. 90 degrees outside and the heater running inside? It's been this way for a few weeks now. I keep thinking someones gonna die of heatstroke, and sometimes I hope its me. A lady about my age walked in and said 'Oh my god. It's hot in here!' I look up at her and agree. She does her shopping and pays out and leaves. A few minutes later she comes back with blizzards (a frozen tasty treat) from Dairy Queen for my manager and I.

About an hour before I leave, the manager from the aforementioned Dairy Queen comes in to buy a big spatula. Theirs apparently broke at some point today. We chatted a little, he comes in quite often to buy various things, and I eat there way too often. I mention how I hadn't gotten a lunch break today and he later brings in blizzards, (that makes two!) and burgers for me and my manager.

Right before I left a customer brought me some home-made salsa chips. It was just a 'sample size' as she called it. She told me if I liked it she could bring me as much as I want because she had made it too hot for herself.

These were just the exmplerary customers. I didn't have a rude, impatient, obnoxious, impolite customer at all today...

I still have tommorow though...

*faint*

Quick, write down the settings on the Suck-o-tron before you go to bed and they reset! You've just found a way to create INVERSE SUCKINESS!!! If we can spread the configuration to everyone, across the world, we'll have peace, harmony, and the most rocking water-slides of any sentient species in the galaxy!
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
      *faint*

Quick, write down the settings on the Suck-o-tron before you go to bed and they reset! You've just found a way to create INVERSE SUCKINESS!!! If we can spread the configuration to everyone, across the world, we'll have peace, harmony, and the most rocking water-slides of any sentient species in the galaxy!
      Alas if it were only that easy....

Why *gasp*....we might even have world peace.

Glad you had such a good day!

Comment

Wow.

Comment

That's just totally unfair.

Comment

It's like in that movie "The Day After Tomorrow" where they have to haul ass before the temp inversion killed them. In this case there was a "tangent" that had at its center a zone of "Non Sucky Customer". So I'd run like hell just to stay in it's path....lol.

Comment

Working...
            X