This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PotC2 sees another beyatch

What is it about that movie that apparently brings out the worst in people? (Pirates 2).

Okay, so my story isn't as bad as the "you shouldn't bring a cripple out in public" one, but here goes anyway.

Background - we have assigned seating in our theatres. Often, especially if the theatre isn't particularly full, people just sit wherever they want anyway. If your seat is taken, you just go sit somewhere else. But when theatres are still full, everyone abides by the tickets. Even when people do sit where they feel like, they tend to stay away from the prime triangle (back row centre and down a bit), because people with those assigned seats generally want them.

So we're off to see PotC2. It's been on for a couple of weeks, but the theatre is still very full. Having bought the tickets early in the day, we have centre seats in the 2nd-back row.

Before the movie starts, there is a commotion behind us. There are two empty seats behind us, and a family of four just turned up. The mother asks the two chavette girls (18/19 yo, still in that inconsiderate phase) to please move, because they're in the family's seats. The girls protest.

First off, they claim there isn't assigned seating. Considering it's been in since before these two could go to a movie without parental supervision, and the usher who tears the ticket tells you your row and seat, it's completely impossible that they could be believing this. They're outright lying.

The mother starts to get frustrated. The girls demand to see her proof of having the seats. She shows her tickets and points out the seat number, which sparks a couple of rounds of "Where?" "Right there" "I don't see it" "Right there - A11-14". These are some stupid chavettes right here.

Eventually the girls have to admit that it really does say A11-14 on the mother's tickets, and mother says "So could you please move". The girls get up and walk off, defeated. But as they're leaving, one of them turns around and says "You know what? You don't have to be such a BITCH about it!"

My jaw drops. I think a lot of jaws around us dropped.

There is no way these two did not know they'd 'stolen' the seats. They knew they were in the wrong, but they argued it. They had the gall to steal back row centre, THE most prime seats in the theatre, and actually ARGUE with the person who politely points out they're in her seats and asks them to leave - including a "please". And they say she's been a bitch?

I just hate people sometimes.

If I'd ever pulled that, especially at that age, my butt would have been tanned, near adult or not. I think we know who the REAL bitches were!

Comment

The big films seem to bring out the people who don't realise that they need to book in advance, wonder why they have to queue for popcorn, complain about the prices, and sit in other people's seats.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

This right here pretty much sums up why I don't go to the movies anymore. I don't consider rubbing shoulders for 2+ hours with people like this something I want to pay to do for fun.

Netflix, my friend.

Comment

As someone in that age group, I firmly believe that at least 70% of people my age need a good beating.
          Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

Personally, I wait for the stuff to hit the dollar-show, then go on one of my days off, usually a weekday, and get the matinée showing of whatever it is. Going to see 300 tomorrow.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Omg i just remembered my PoTC2 experience.....

Me dad and bro went. The theature does not do assigned seating which is ok with us. We can only get three seats together and since my dad has a thing with crowds my bro had to sit somewhere else (if someone had complained we would have done somethign kind of SCish and gotten a refund, because if my father has a panic attack and cant get out of the row because someone wanted an aisle seat or something, and does something like climb over people to get out [i mean actually climbing over them] or even hurt someone to get out that would be bad. And before you complain about how we shouldn't have gone to a movie where the theature was crowed we went to an insanely early and often less crowded time, was told the theature was only 45% sold out, and only got drinks before we sat down. Apparently they sold the other 50% in 5 minutes or lied to us.) behind us was some kids under the age of 7 set their by there parents who sat four rows away, not a smart move. The damn brats kept yelling loudly "WHATS HAPPENING MOMMY." "WHY IS SHE DRESSED FUNNY MOMMY." I finally turned around and told her to sit down and shut up or im getting her kicked out.

I would have complained but my dads phone rang in during the movie and he answered and talked almost loudly in the aisle....

Comment

"I would have complained but my dads phone rang in during the movie and he answered and talked almost loudly in the aisle...."

He's lucky nobody got up and kicked his ass.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                  "I would have complained but my dads phone rang in during the movie and he answered and talked almost loudly in the aisle...."

He's lucky nobody got up and kicked his ass.
                  .... hes lucky i didn't go kick his ass!! i chewed him out for it because he wasnt waiting for a call, it wasnt important and it wasn't even someone he needed to talk to. Sigh my dad is annoyig....

Comment

Working...
                  X