This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasty bigot at Subway

We have a Subway in our Wal-Mart and i was ordering a Chichen Parm. sub, when this Nasty Redneck Chick walks in with her little brat in a cart and her husband with her.
    Employee(happens to be-Indian(India)-American):
    How can i help you? (he has a slight accent)
    NRC: I NEED(catch that?) a pretzel a small popcorn and a small soda.(got the order? good, keep it in mind)
    Employee: That coms to $X.XX.
    NRC: Why am i being caharged for a small soda, i only wanted a popcorn and a pretzel? I guess Apu, got the order mixed up, damn illegals. Can't speak no English.
    Me: Niether can you. It's can't speak any English, and you DID order a soda.
    NRC: You keep out of this you k-ke.
    Manager of Subway: Ma'am you DID order a soda now take you food and get out of here.
    Me: Sorry, about that, didn't want to interfere but it's been a rough day.
    M: Oh, it's alright, glad you did, stupid b-tch.
    Me: I hate bigots, hell, he speaks English better then her, that's not hard i grant you, but still...
    M: Oh, i know..
    Did i mention that her kid threw the popcorn across the store and threw some WM merchandise as well. And that she didn't mention it to anyone? no? well, she did. creep.

Wow, this is like....the 3rd or 4th Subway sighting..........that store just attracts the worst of people I swear.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87
      Wow, this is like....the 3rd or 4th Subway sighting..........that store just attracts the worst of people I swear.
      And unfortunately, I also like the place (honest, I'm very nice to the staff. My husband recently got a bit grouchy with one employee who was understandably confused by making two very similar sandwiches with minor differences (type of cheese, mustard vs. mayo). I got husband to go sit down for a minute and let me handle ordering).
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I was having a flashback there. Had my own "redneck bigot at Subway" encounter, but as a fellow customer. One of the employees, one of the many black women on the staff, made a mistake on her order and the white customer got progressively nasty about it. So she gets to the cashier, a young black man, and starts demanding to see the manager. Well, the manager wasn't on the premises and wouldn't be for several hours. The cashier kept trying to explain this over and over and was reasonably polite about it, though I could see he was starting to lose his patience. Meanwhile, the line of customers starts to build up.

Finally, the woman crosses the line and calls the cashier the N-word. Any legitimate complaint she might have had got tossed out the moment she started with the racist remarks. She sure as hell didn't win any support from the other customers, who were pissed because her stupid tirade was holding up their own lunch orders.

I looked at my dad, who was with me, and said, very loudly as she stormed out,"I'm glad you raised me better than that."
        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

I also love Subway, no matter what goes on, I always try to go there at least 3 times a week.

It's a very close tie between Wal-Mart and Subway attracting the nastiest people.

At Subway, you'd swear some of these people have never left their houses, let alone ever ordered a sandwich before. Others are just so damn particular (only 1 piece of cheese, only a half of a squirt of mayo, 7 black olives, 2 tomatoes, only one little shake of parmesean cheese, only two little dots of viniagrette), and others are just so damn rude. Some of these people should be required to have licenses to go out in public. They need to pay people at Subway better, the real dumb in people comes out at Subway, out of all the fast food places, I believe anyways.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87
            Others are just so damn particular (only 1 piece of cheese, only a half of a squirt of mayo, 7 black olives.... They need to pay people at Subway better...
            What about pizza places? When I'm feeling especially I've asked that the pizza be cut into 7 slices. </sarcasm>
            I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

I had a similar experience at Hardees that involved a bigot and an African American guy. The bigot kept using boy and turned to me to insult him, I walked off and waited for this idiot to leave.

There is a direct correlation between ignorance and racism

Comment

Quoth 0oAmericanGirl
                There is a direct correlation between ignorance and racism
                and "tangled" family trees
                DILLIGAF

Comment

What a bitch. Give her a soda for free, on her head

Talking about ordering from Subway, I'm completely clueless. They ask me what I want, and I'm so overwhelmed, I just ask for everything :P

Comment

Quoth blas87
                    It's a very close tie between Wal-Mart and Subway attracting the nastiest people.
                    Isn't Subway the chain that advertised free food if it was raining (at least here in LA where that doesn't happen so much)? Talk about criteria SCs could argue over!

Comment

Free food if its raining????? Well, there's one promotion that won't catch on over here! Any British store that advertised free anything when it was raining would go out of business within weeks

Incidentally, anyone who thinks that global warming means that the British hot summers are here to stay, can think again. My husband just ordered a convertible as his new company car. i predict non-stop rain for the next three years
                      A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                      - Dave Barry

Comment

I just don't understand some people - I mean what year are we in again??? Granted, you don't have to LOVE everyone and everything they do - but my gosh, just SOME common decency would be appreciated!!!! The sad thing is that it seems to keep going - the racist parents teach their kids to be racists.... and so on. Not that I'm a big fan of the musical "South Pacific" (South Pathetic ) but they have a song in there called "You have to be carefully taught" - about how people aren't prejudice naturally - they have to be taught to be that way....... it's just sad we haven't quite come up w/a way to stop the "cycle" - although if we could stop the cycle of anything.... (racism, prejudice, violence, etc) that would be great..... too bad you can't just take kids away from stupid/violent people.....

Comment

I think the "free food if it's raining" is a rumour, or at least that's what I've heard. Otherwise CA in the winter months would lose all their subway stores.

Back on topic: people like that make me mad. I just don't get it. I don't understand the idea behind racism in any which way. Luckily, I've spent most of my time having not run into those kind of people. Save one of my friends. She's a really sweet girl, but has a racist thing against asians. She forgets constantly that not only do I not feel the same way, both my roommates (also two of my bestest buddies) are asian. It's not a pretty thing.
                          Last edited by KuzcoLlama; 08-02-2006, 04:45 PM.
                          "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

No, I saw the commercial myself (I think it was Subway, small sandwich)--I just couldn't believe they'd use a standard so vague as "raining" as we often get sprinkles as opposed to thunderstorms.

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot
                              We have a Subway in our Wal-Mart and i was ordering a Chichen Parm. sub, when this Nasty Redneck Chick walks in with her little brat in a cart and her husband with her.
                              Employee(happens to be-Indian(India)-American):
                              How can i help you? (he has a slight accent)
                              NRC: I NEED(catch that?) a pretzel a small popcorn and a small soda.(got the order? good, keep it in mind)
                              Employee: That coms to $X.XX.
                              NRC: Why am i being caharged for a small soda, i only wanted a popcorn and a pretzel? I guess Apu, got the order mixed up, damn illegals. Can't speak no English.
                              Me: Niether can you. It's can't speak any English, and you DID order a soda.
                              NRC: You keep out of this you k-ke.
                              Manager of Subway: Ma'am you DID order a soda now take you food and get out of here.
                              Me: Sorry, about that, didn't want to interfere but it's been a rough day.
                              M: Oh, it's alright, glad you did, stupid b-tch.
                              Me: I hate bigots, hell, he speaks English better then her, that's not hard i grant you, but still...
                              M: Oh, i know..
                              Did i mention that her kid threw the popcorn across the store and threw some WM merchandise as well. And that she didn't mention it to anyone? no? well, she did. creep.

Sounds like she's been partying too much with Mel Gibson.

Comment

Working...
                              X