This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I give you what you order

Recently, corporate decided it would be a good idea to start selling vegetables to snack on for that nice "healthy alternative". You can buy just the veggies, but there is also dips for them, and a combo that includes dip and a bottle of water. Last night I was stuck in the concession. It was really busy, but things were mostly going smoothly. Until this SC comes up and orders "Veggies with water" so I grab a container of Veggies and a bottle of water, ring it up, tell him his total, he pays me, I get his change out, AND THEN he says, "Aren't I supposed to get a dip with this?"
    I reply, "Only if you get the combo."
    SC "That's what I wanted."
    Me "Sorry, you just said Veggies and water."
    SC "There's a picture of it right there."
    Me "Yes, but you still have to tell me the combo, it rings in differently, look, I'll just void this and charge you for the combo, but the price will be different."
    SC "You charged me for the combo."
    Me "No, I charged you for Veggies and water, see?" *punches up each variant, to demonstrate price difference* "What kind of dip did you want?"

Finally get him cleared away, so I can start in on the huge line we've got waiting.
    About 10 min later a co-worker informs us that some guy who had bought veggies was going to come back after his movie and complain.
    I called the manager, both to tell my side of the story, and get her to do the refund on my till.

Funny thing is, he never bothered to complain after his movie. Lucked out there.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Why did you forget that you're supposed to be able to read minds, and KNOW that he wanted the combo? Tsk tsk tsk. I'm going to find out where you work and complain that you never use your ESP skills.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

people do that at our concessions all the time as well
      we dont have veggies or anything but theyll say hot dog and drink assuming we know they mean the combo not another size drink or other stuff like that

Comment

When I worked at a coffee shop the menu was above the register on a hanging sign. This means I, at the register, CAN NOT see it. I hated when people would say "I want the third one down under "said category". I would always be like - look, I don't know what that is. I can't SEE the sign, I don't care if you don't know how to say it - butcher it and I'll still probably be able to get you what you wanted - but I don't know "3rd from the left" or anything like that. It's like they wanted you to LEAVE your register, walk around to where they are standing and look up to see what the heck they want......

Comment

Working...
        X