This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is my TV?

I used to work for a computer shop. We use to do networking and support but also sales of computers and computer accessories. Sometimes I had to do the Saturday morning shift as only a few of us worked here. During the week, most of the time, I was on the road. During that specific week I had been on the road for the whole week. And Friday night my boss asked me if it would be ok to do the Saturday morning. I said ok, why not, a bit more money in the pocket is always good and it is just for 4 hours.
    Sadly enough I had the bright idea of going on the booze on the Friday night.
    Came Saturday morning and I am seriously hang over.
    But I go to the shop and thought the weather was fine so people wouldn't bother with computers and would leave me alone.
    NOT!!!
    I opened at 9am. At 10 past nine an old lay comes in:
    OL (Old Lady)
    ME (yours truly)

ME: How can I help?
    OL: I'm here to pickup my TV
    ME: Sorry??

This is a computer shop.

OL: I'm here to pick up my TV.
    ME: We don't do TV (I'm starting to think that the Old lady's brain is going to mush)
    OL: I brought the TV last Tuesday!!
    ME: Really? I will have to check...

So I call my boss and ask him what the story is. Did they really took on a TV? He assured me that no way they would have take a TV on.
    So I go back to the old lady:

ME: I am really sorry but we couldn't have taken your TV. This a computer shop.
    OL: But I brought here on Tuesday morning!!
    ME: I'm really sorry but...

And then she point at something in the shop and says:

OL: There that is the same TV as mine!!

She was pointing at the latest Apple Imac at the time!!

Perhaps she meant monitor?
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Reminds me of a regular who used to call in multiple times a week...

This old guy was probably 80-something. He had an older Mac (I believe it was OS 7 when OS 9 had been out for some time)...

He had a TV instead of a monitor and Immodium instead of a modem, LOL.

It was nearly impossible to get anything fixed too because you'd tell him to do something...and he'd just sit there. Most of the time in dead silence. Like a bump on a log. If you could get him to respond and try to follow instructions he could never find ANYTHING you asked him to look for.

Luckily one of my co-workers couldn't take it anymore and convinced him to switch to AOL!

Comment

Quoth Dawnchaser View Post
        Luckily one of my co-workers couldn't take it anymore and convinced him to switch to AOL!
        That sadist!

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post

That is what I am thinking also. I once called a monitor a TV by accident
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

...and Immodium instead of a modem
            Well considering the crap that you can find on the internet, this isn't so far-fetched.
            This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

That's what I thought.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Actually, I don't remember my Macs perfectly, but I know there was one particular model in which the ENTIRE computer was contained in what looked at first glance to be simply a rather large monitor.

I'm wondering if it was one of those machines.

Comment

Doesn't that qualify as cruel and unusual punishment?
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

As soon as anyone started talking about a "TV" at a computer shop, I would immediately ask what brand. I've known a lot of people who are hopeless with terms, but still have computers.

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                    Doesn't that qualify as cruel and unusual punishment?
                    I'm pretty sure sending anyone to AOL is covered under the Geneva Convention....

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                    X