This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Carp! I Have A Job!

Looks like the vacation is over. For those who didn't know, I've been unemployed since coming back from Bermuda in March. I planned on spending two months partying and travelling, but two turns into three, then four, then you get bored.

My manager/friend at the last hotel I worked at in Ottawa helped me out by emailing my resume to every HR director and hotel manager in the city. I received a lot of calls, but no real offers. I was previously a manager at a 4 diamond, 600 room, Fairmont resort, so I have no idea why small (60 room) hotels would ask me if I want to work as a bellman? (I tell them 'Sure, for 45K/year')

The two biggest hotels in the city are currently advertising my preferred jobs, but I don't speak french so they won't even consider me.

So it's off to school for me in the fall.

In the meanwhile, my final paycheck from Bermy is running out fast. Hmmm, need work. Do I work front desk again even though its a much lower position and pay than what I'm qualified for? Ah well!

So after speaking to my friend today, I've got my old job back. I still don't know how to judge my mood. 1: This is exactly where I was 6 years ago. 2: It isn't even close to the amount of money I should be making. 3: None of my old co-workers are still there (on the desk anyways), what if I can't stand the new ones? 4: I'm good friends with every manager and the owners of the hotel. So I'll have a fun time not being perceived as teachers pet.

Meh, whatever. Yeah Job!
    WWJND - "What Would JAM Not Do?" - Fashion Lad

Boo unemployment!! Hurray job!!

Okay, sorry for the impromptu Red Stripe advert there, but I think the sentiment came through.
    Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Working...
    X