Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sightings

Closed Thread

Heat wave brings out the idiots
Old 08-03-2006, 02:37 AM
Cashier

Default Heat wave brings out the idiots

Ok, if it doesn't cool off pretty soon, I'm going to lose it.

It is way too hot to take my daughter to the playground, so we either head to the library, the mall, or to one of the Mcdonald's around here that has a playplace. She gets some social interaction, and we don't sweat our butts off (much). Granted, when it's time to leave, the car is practically in flames, but oh well.

So, last week I took her to one of the bigger McD's here and immediately regret my decision. They were promoting the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and were handing out big foam swords to all the kids. Well, guess what, they were beating the shit out of each other with them, and often hitting smaller kids in the process.

I'd like the Darwin award to go to the marketing genius that thought this one up.

So, we hang out for a short while, needless to say, my daughter sees the carnage and doesn't want any part of it, and we end up leaving. Not once, did I see any of the parents reprimanding their brats for beating each other up with those stupid foam swords. Shit like this makes me reconsider home schooling.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:56 AM
Bagger

We had five groups of people ask us where the car ferry docked... they all gave us the look when we told them the car ferry was one wharf over.

Old 08-03-2006, 06:20 AM
Just some guy

A friend of mine has two children who love knights and swords etc. The rule he has is that they can hit each others' sword and that's it. Anything else and playtime is over.

Seems to work.

Rapscallion

Old 08-03-2006, 07:37 AM
Bastion of Insanity

Quote:
Quoth Rapscallion
A friend of mine has two children who love knights and swords etc. The rule he has is that they can hit each others' sword and that's it. Anything else and playtime is over.

Seems to work.
Aw, but that's no fun! If you don't let them start chopping wood with those swords, they won't have the muscle to cleave the skulls of mutant killer zombies once WW3 goes down and it's Mad Max time.

Personally, I get tongue-tied when I get overheated. I try not to be an SC, but I'm pretty sure I've been the cause of a few snickers since it's warmed up.

Old 08-03-2006, 09:20 AM
Cable Rat

Man, when I was young we used to beat the crap out of each other with wiffle bats and tree branches. Only rule was don't hit the head.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:58 AM
Cashier

Quote:
Quoth Crosshair
Man, when I was young we used to beat the crap out of each other with wiffle bats and tree branches. Only rule was don't hit the head.
And I totally understand that- boys will be boys. I've got no problem with boys letting off some steam. I would wonder about boys who were quiet and calm too much.

But I have two rules, and they are very firm.

1) Pick on someone your own size. If some 8 year old decides to make my 3 year old their whipping post, they're going to find me unleashing my inner bitch. I wouldn't dream of touching another person's child, but I will put a stop to it and locate their parent.

2) As far as my daughter goes- if you make her cry, I'll make you cry.

Old 08-04-2006, 04:52 AM
Writer

I am a firm user of number 2. I see one person picking on my little sister, you will see a side that said bully will not like.

Last edited by ArenaBoy; 08-04-2006 at 04:55 AM.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:42 AM
Cable Rat

Quote:
Quoth Mighty Girl
2) As far as my daughter goes- if you make her cry, I'll make you cry.
Hey, don't always take her side, some of the little the little girls on the playground could be really mean. Like the ones who always threw ice chunks instead of snowballs. Damm did those hurt. If you stared to beat the crap out of them YOU where the bad one. If a boy did it, sure, go kick the snot out of him. At my school, girls could so no wrong. Though there where plenty of times the girls beat the crap out of each other. Though you could always get back at them when you played dodgeball or kickball. A few kids could nail them in the legs with the ball just right so they would trip and land on their face. Childhood was fun.

OK now, back on topic. We had been having a heatwave in my area for a little over a week. Holy cow did people b*tch about us being out of window air conditioners. (Hey moron, it's called supply and demand.) I wanted to add $20 to the price. We would have still sold out, but the numbers would have looked better. Even better was the customer who wanted me to hold our last AC unit for him and he would be in the next day to buy it. I said hell no to him. He asked to talk to a manager who told him hell no as well. The AC unit sold 10 min after the call. I also hate people who assume that I know the date and time we will be getting more in. All I know is that they are on order and are not on tonights truck. Thats all I know, I swear. Now leave me alone.

/

Old 08-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Cashier

Quote:
Quoth Crosshair
Hey, don't always take her side, some of the little the little girls on the playground could be really mean.

/
Oh, don't worry, I know how bad little girls can be. And I wasn't saying that little boys are evil and girls are sugar, spice and everything nice. Jerkwads come in both genders.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Moderated Poster

Quote:
Quoth Crosshair

Wuss. *Kidding* Head was worth extra points! Of course being a girl with all those boy cousins gave me other targets.... I was an evil child. Wait, you had RULES!?

Last edited by Tria; 08-04-2006 at 07:32 PM.
Closed Thread