This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What day of the week is it?

Now one good thing about my job is that my schedule does not change (well except when they add an extra hour to Sunday and Don't TELL ME! )

Ahmm, I normally get Monday and Tuesday off. But this week I worked Tuesday to cover for someone on vacation and had Thursday off. So....

Tuesday felt like Wednesday
    Wednesday felt like Thursday
    Thursday felt like Tuesday

What will tomorrow feel like?
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Well? What did today feel like?

*Spiffy puts down a green note on Wednesday*
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I've gone through that too. I like having a set schedule at work, right down to the areas I work, but sometimes they need me to cover an area on a different day for various reasons, and that just throws my whole week off. There was one Friday I said Sunday no fewer than 5 times.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Hey, you're just lucky you HAVE a set schedule to begin with. I'm a "floater" at my store, as are the rest of the baggers, and we have radically different hours from week to week and day to day. You can be scheduled to close (3pm-12am) on one day, then be off for three days, then have two four-hour afternoon days, then be scheduled on the next day for a 4am-noon or something ridiculous like that. This does make it very difficult to get in a boring rut, but it has the additional side effect of throwing your brain-calendar so far out of whack that Monday feels like Thursday and midnight seems like either 5 in the morning or 9 at night.

My SM is such a clueless wench. >_<
        Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron
          Well? What did today feel like?

*Spiffy puts down a green note on Wednesday*
          Strangely it felt like a Saturday, so I guess tomorow will be Deja vu all over again.
          "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

I have days where, while I KNOW what day it is, it really feels like some other day. I can't explain it. It doesn't always have to do with my work schedule, either. Maybe I'm just odd.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The only ways I know what day of the week it is:

*by the shampoo I use when I take a shower before work. (long involved story--but yes I actually have I think 10 different kinds of shampoo; 1 for each day of the week, plus others for if I'm going out after work, when I take a second shower.)

*by what gets delivered at work (beer, soda, chips, etc.)
              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                I have days where, while I KNOW what day it is, it really feels like some other day. I can't explain it. It doesn't always have to do with my work schedule, either. Maybe I'm just odd.

Becks, the same thing happens to me constantly.
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

For no reason that I can think of, Saturday felt like a Sunday, yesterday (Monday) felt like a Tuesday, and today (Tuesday) felt like a Monday/Wednesday mix.

Maybe it's a wacked-out work schedule combined with chronic lack of sleep on my part.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My normal work week at the home improvements store was Saturday thru Wednesday. Worked out quite nicely when I needed to go on a job interview, since most jobs like the one I have now work weekdays only.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
                      What will tomorrow feel like?
                      Like you're in Neverland?
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                      X