This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taco Bell Guy

This isn't mine, it's my husband's. Yesterday, he went into a Taco Bell near where he was working. He ordered his food, and while he was waiting, he heard the following exchange take place:

Old Guy: I bought a burrito here last week, and i was really small. I want to know what you are going to do about it.

Cashier: Well, sir, if you would have brought it back last week we could have made you another one, but there's not much we can do now.

OG: Ok, well give me two of them wraps.

(I'm shocked he didn't make a bigger deal out of the burrito myself!!)

C: What wraps?

OG: You know, just two of the wraps.

Cashier figured out he meant the Crunchwraps, asked him, and yes that's what he wanted. She then asked whether he wanted beef, chicken, or spicy chicken.
    And he said whatever it comes with. I'm sure the poor cashier was about to bang her head on the counter. I'm sure they were quite busy as it was lunchtime.
    My husband is NOT a grumpy or violent person as a general rule, but I guess this guy was getting on his nerves, just because of the way he was acting toward the poor girl. You know tone of voice and all that. My husband didn't say or do anything, but he was grouchy from working out in the heat all day, and he said he thought about it.

I just don't get why people think the store can do something about an item that was sold a week ago!!!!! If it bothers you that much take it back then, but for crying out loud, be nice about it!!!!!

It sounds to me like the guy was being nice (about the burrito), but he was also being a bit naive.

I think the cashier should have given the guy just a regular beef wrap. That's what the "norm" for those things is anyway.

Still, the guy was pretty darn vague. Did the cashier actually ask him to be a bit more specific or did she fend for herself without asking? If she just fended for herself, I wouldn't really look at her as a "poor girl."

Cashiers are NOT mindreaders!
    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

*reaches over to the customer and puts her hand on his forehead*

'ooohhhmm, oh yes, it's coming to me now...you want a BOOT IN THE ASS to help you out the door.'

'oh, you didn't? sorry, i must have been reading MY mind...'
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Like I said I wasn't actually there. My husband said the guy had an attitude. Well, I'm sorry for feeling sorry for the cashier that she had to spend her time going thru all the varieties of crunchwraps they have, and then I don't know how long it took the guy to decide. I guess I misunderstood the point of this board.

Comment

Quoth kerrisan View Post
          Cashiers are NOT mindreaders!

This is soooo true. I have put in 7 yrs at taco bell and this is something we say to eachother almost every other customer. It is soo irratating because of the fact that we have SO many options for so many items on our board. The chalupas i give up on i just ask if they want beef supreme and leave it at that. I would understand more if most of these people didn't come in everyday and ask the same dumb questions. Also most of the people complaining about something being wrong a week ago are usually fishing for free food. This is just an observation of watching these people for 7 yrs. If I know they are sincere about it I will usually fix it and just let them know to call the next time they have an issue and if need be ask for me.

Comment

Well, at least burrito-guy didn't belabor the point when you told him he couldn't have another one for free....so I guess he wasn't as much of an SC as he could have been *heh*
            DJ Particle

Comment

Quoth LIW View Post
              I guess I misunderstood the point of this board.
              I think it's more of "grading the sucky". Sometimes we just want more information so we can decide which level of hell the SC should be sent to
              I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth EmiOfBrie View Post
                Well, at least burrito-guy didn't belabor the point when you told him he couldn't have another one for free....so I guess he wasn't as much of an SC as he could have been *heh*
                Um, it wasn't me. My HUSBAND saw this, that's why it's a sighting. But if he wants he can come over to my house and have a burrito.

Comment

Okay, this is a bit off topic... but kind of funny, nonetheless ..

So I was standing in line at a KFC. A couple was standing in line right in front of me. When they finally reached the counter, the guy turned to the girl and said, "So what do you want?"

The girl hem-ed and haw-ed for like a minute, then finally blurted out "Chicken!"

The cashier rolled his eyes and the guy said, "Can you be a bit more spesific?"

The girl hem-ed and haw-ed again for a minute before blurting out "Fried!"

Keep in mind we were standing in line at KFCs. The guy finally had to order for her LoL
                  -It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything.
                  -I see the strongest and smartest men who have ever lived. And these men are pumping gas and waiting tables.-Fight Club

Comment

I used to work @ McDonald's, and to this day it still amazes me how dumb the people in the drive-thru could get.

*AHEM*

I once had this guy come through and ordered a happy meal. When I asked what kind of meal he'd like(hamburger, cheeseburger, nuggets), he screamed "KIDS HAPPY MEAL!" No sh!t, sherlock, but what do you want in it?

Then there was the infamous 2 for $2 Big Mac special in the early 90's. People kept coming in, hoping they could be gotten 1 for $1, and then got mad because the POS system wouldn't let us do that. I damn near had a nervous breakdown trying to toast enough buns to keep up. (the toasters would only do 6 at a time.)

Finally, there was the Teenie Beanie Babies fiasco. The first two years, '97-'98, were the worst. The first year, they all sold out, IN A WEEK! Then the year after, we had a policy where you had to buy a food item in order to buy the toy seperately. I must admit, it was funny seeing people buy a glass of water for a stinkin' toy.

Okay, I'm done for now, stick a fork in me. (gets off soapbox)

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                      Then there was the infamous 2 for $2 Big Mac special in the early 90's. People kept coming in, hoping they could be gotten 1 for $1, and then got mad because the POS system wouldn't let us do that.
                      Hardee's used to do the same thing with their roast beef sandwiches. You could get 2 for $2, but just one was $1.99.

I don't know if they still do this or not, since all the ones in my area vanished in recent years. Too bad, because it was the 2/$2 roast beef was good for a quick, cheap snack.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I miss McDonalds having the 2 Big Macs or large fries for $2. Cheap supper.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Hmmm.. Taco Bell

I know that most Taco Bell's have a sign that says, they will fix it no questions asked. So I always wonder why people wait week after (of course the people who dine in I am talking about).

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                            Hardee's used to do the same thing with their roast beef sandwiches.
                            Didn't they get renamed Carl's Jr? I used to love their Frisco Burger. (Where the hell is a drooling smilie when you need it? )

Comment

Working...
                            X