This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic Customer But... Need Some Help

So my current job entails alot of engraving. Recently, I've been asked to help plan an entire wedding (for someone I don't really know). This is not actually my job, but it's a great challenge, and I want to do it. I like these customers. They've spent alot of money with me in the past, and helped to increase my bonus ALOT. So I wanna do it right for them.

(If you're a MySpace Friend of mine, ignore this, because you've already gotten the plea.)

The problem is this: I am not a Romantic Person by nature. However, this couple wants every single gift to be uniquely engraved. The best suggestion I could offer them was to use songs. As soon as I said that, they wanted every piece engraved with a unique and appropriate phrase (from a song) for the gift-receipiant. Provided that:
    Each phrase is not immediately recognizeable.
    So that seems to rule out anything by Luther Vandross, Brian Adams, Whitney Houston, Bill Withers, Richard Marx, Lionel Richie, and Dionne Warwick.

Here's what I need: Songs that have great lines and/or cuplets in them relevent to a bridal party and such. Songs for mum and sisters, brothers, bridesmaids, groomsmen, ushers, flowergirls, ring-bearers, receptionists, friends and family.
    I had a great suggestion from a MySpace Friend for the Dadsie of the Bride; it was from "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac (with an addition):
    "I've been afraid of changing because I built my life around you. But time makes you bolder. Children get older, and I'm getting older, too. But you were always my first love."
    That's the kind of input I'm looking for. I really value these customers and I want to do this.
    Any love songs or whatever (even if it's a couple lines in Cannibal Corpse that could fit) would be totally helpful.

Any Music Lovers up to the challenge?
    The Closest to Perfection a Person Ever Comes is When He Fills Out a Job Application Form

I can't offer you anything up front, but if you visit www.sing365.com, it has hundreds of bands and their lyrics.

You might find something there that would work.
    Total surrender
    Your touch is so tender
    Your skin is like water on a burning beach
    And it brings me relief
    "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Hmmm. Sounds like a good challenge.

How about Tesla "love song" Or maybe Etta James 'At Last"? Maybe Led Zeppelin "Thank You"? Firehouse "Love of a lifetime"? Those are the songs that immediatly pop into mind. Good luck!

Comment

You could always try Tom Waits - Little trip to Heaven

"Your my North Star when I'm lost and feeling blue
        Your my sun that's breaking through, it's true"

or

"Little trip to heaven on the wings of your love
        Banana moon is shining in the sky"

or

"Thanking my lucky stars that I found you
        When I see your constellation, your my inspiration
        And it's you"

or Other side of the World (also Tom Waits)

"in the spring the weeds will show that he brought back the only rose
        and he gave it to his girl on the other side of the world."

Source: www.lyricsondemand.com
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Sting has some great lyrics on love.

Comment

Always and forever, each moment with you is just like a dream to me that somehow came true. - Heatwave, Always And Forever

I believe in you, you know the door to my very soul. You're the light in my deepest darkest hour, you're my savior when I fall. - The Bee Gees, How Deep Is Your Love

I leave a kiss behind, the glow of love will shine. - Doobie Brothers, I Cheat The Hangman

I rise at the break of day, your smile sets me on my way. - Billy Squire, I Need You

If I had wings and I could fly, well, I'd still walk with you. - Sister Hazel, Concede

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. If the mountains crumbled to the sea, there would still be you and me. - Led Zeppelin, Thank You

In love we share that something rare. - Eddie Rambeau, Concrete And Clay

It may be raining, but there's a rainbow above you. - The Eagles, Desperado

All my friends are so small town. - John Cougar Mellencamp, Small Town

As we go on, we remember, all the times we, had together. And as our lives change, come whatever, we will still be, friends forever. - Vitamin C, Graduation

But not me, baby, I've got you to save me. - Tom Petty, Yer So Bad

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you. - Stealers Wheel, Stuck In The Middle With You

Do you have the time to listen to me whine? - Green Day, Basket Case

Don't go changing to try to please me, you never let me down before. - Billy Joel, Just The Way You Are

Even though I wander, I'm keeping you in sight. You're a candle in the window, on a cold dark winters night. - Reo Speedwagon, Can't Fight This Feeling

How wonderful life is now that you're in the world. - Elton John, Your Song

I get by with a little help from my friends. - The Beatles, Little Help From My Friends

Impassioned lovers wrestle as one, lonely man cries for love and has none. New mother picks up and suckles her son, senior citizen wishes they were young. - The Moody Blues, Late Lament

Smell the roses, smell the grass, old man winter can kiss my ass. - Spinal Tap, Springtime

Comment

A buch of Meat Loaf and a few odd ones

Modern Girl by Meat Loaf
              Once a beautiful Miss America married Mr. Right

Surf's Up by Meat Loaf
              We're on the edge of forever and we're never gonna fall

Piece of the Action by Meat Loaf
              Felt like a prisoner 'til I looked in your eyes
              and saw a million wide open doors

Baby let's be golden today

Meat Loaf
              a lot of good ones in "I'd do anything for love"

Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through by Meat Loaf
              I treasure your love

Out of the Frying Pan (And into the fire) by Meat Loaf
              Then I saw you like a summer dream
              And you're the answer to every prayer that I ever said

Bat out of Hell by Meat Loaf
              Oh Baby you're the only thing in this whole world
              that's pure and good and right
              And wherever you are and wherever you go
              There's always going to be some light

But when the day is done
              And the sun goes down
              And the moonlight's shining through
              Then like a sinner before the gates of heaven
              I'll come crawling on back to you.

You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth by Meat Loaf
              You took the words right out of my mouth

When I listen to your heart I hear the whole word turning

Enter Sandman by Metallica
              Take my hand
              We're off to never never land

Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
              So close no matter how far
              Couldn't be much more from the heart
              Forever trusting who we are
              And nothing else matters

Moon Baby by Godsmack
              Let's take a blast to the Moon Baby

Let's take a trip to the stars far away

Just the way you are by Billy Joel (ok prtty much the whole song)
              Don't go changing to try to please me
              You never let me down before.
              Don't imagine you're too familiar
              And I don't see you anymore

You always have my unspoken passion
              Meeeeoooow.....
              Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Working...
              X