Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers > Praising customers, colleagues, and good service

Closed Thread

Customer Offered to Show ID
Old 08-05-2006, 03:25 AM
Number Absorber

Talking Customer Offered to Show ID

Tonight, I had a customer ask for a pack of cigarettes and he offered to show his ID. I accepted and looked at his ID and he was of age. He mentioned that it was a habit for him. I wish more customers showed ID voluntarily.

Old 08-05-2006, 03:40 AM
Noli nothis permittere te tere

yay give him a cookie!! I agree, I wish more customers were like that!

Old 08-08-2006, 06:28 AM
Bagger

Yeah, I am 19 so I am in the habit of grabbing my ID before I even ask for my brand. [Which I ask for as follows: Marlboro Red 100's, box please if you have it] I figure since I am a young smoker, I might as well save the time, effort, and energy of getting carded and hand it to the associate as I ask for the smokes.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:21 AM
Bagger

I'm 22 but look younger so when I buy an R-rated movie at wallyworld (only place I buy movies from thats cards) I get my ID out of my wallet when I get my money out.

I don't see the big deal in showing an ID. Maybe it's because I'm used to going on military bases where you need to show an ID for everything.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:37 AM
Pill Jockey

I am 19 as well, and show ID whenever I am asked for it. It REALLY isn't a big deal at all; from some people's SC stories on here, you'd think that they were asked for the life of their firstborn.

The only things I ever really need my ID for is when I buy cigars, R-rated movies (again, W-M is the only place that cards, in my experience), and the occasional trip to the hookah bar, when we're really, really bored I *always* have my ID ready in my hand.

Old 08-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth gypsywitch84 View Post
I'm 22 but look younger so when I buy an R-rated movie at wallyworld (only place I buy movies from thats cards) I get my ID out of my wallet when I get my money out.
[QUOUTE=theredbaron47]again, W-M is the only place that cards, in my experience [/QUOTE]

See, I've NEVER been carded at Walmart, and I'm 21. Fred Meyer's carded me for a R game, yet didn't even finch and let me past WITHOUT carding me beer. o_O I swear Fred Meyer's is strange.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:09 AM
Cashier

Haha! I wonder if that was me.

Well, sometimes when customers come up, I have a hard time making a guess at their age. The rule is: If they look 27 or under, card them." Sometimes I've seen people come in that truly do look 40 so I don't say anything. If I'm not sure at all, I'll card and I'll be like, "Hey! You're only a year older than me!" (I'm 21.) I don't say it in a shocked way, but on the inside I really am kinda surprised when I thought they're a lot older.

Every cashier is different when it comes to carding people.
Closed Thread