X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pashmina Buttflap

Apparently I've been typo christened "Gracekeeper". -.-

( ...none of you were at the Lion's game last night where you? I tried to skirt around the crowd and got completely broadside ambushed by two girls. >< )

I Wonder Why...

SC: "Do you have any pashmina scarf's that are longer then 80 inches?"

No, because if it was longer then 80 inches, it would be pashmina rope. So unless you have a neck like a bull, you should be happy with 80. Or did you have another purpose in mind? Because I'm no expert on fabric but I can warn you up front that no matter how much you think it matches the interior of the vehicle, its not going to make a good jeep winch. You might impress all the other girls at the trailer park with your fancy city folk clothes but its not going to pull a mobile home out of a ditch.

Irony

Me: "Good evening, <company>. Can I help you?"
    SC: "Not unless you're <my first name>! <click>"

…..well, actually….

I Can Corrupt Anything

Me: "Good evening, <company name>"
    SC: "Where's Cam!?!"

I don't know. Probably somewhere going down on Waldo.

Morality Rate

( This is a paramedic calling to gain access to a building for a tenant. )

Me: "Ok, do you have a cell number or anything there?"
    SC: "What are you talking about cell number?"
    Me: "Is there any number I can page to the resident manager for you?
    SC: "Well I don't know, is there? I'm calling you. This is the emergency number I'm talking too."
    Me: "No, do *you* have a phone number? That's what I'm asking."
    SC: "Yeah, yeah. For emergencies after hours it says to call the number I'm talking to you right now on."
    Me: "No no, do *you* have a-"
    SC: "Yeah, yeah, the number of the building of the person who's in there? No, no I don't have it no. I can likely get it for ya…"
    Me: "No, do-"
    SC: "Yeah!@"
    Me: "Do *you* have a phone number that *we* can reach you at is what I'm asking."
    SC: "Oh, yeah, sure. You don't have call display?"

….and this man is a paramedic? Jesus Caramel Walnut Cups ( With 33% less salt ). I'll just bleed to death thanks. It's probably faster and less painful.

Once Again, a Professional

( This is the same company's techs again, fyi )

Me: "Alright, I think I had two cases here for you. Just one sec, let me check. Yep, I have case for you."
    SC: "Ok, what do you have?"
    Me: "The first one is from-"
    ( I give him all the info )
    Me: "The seco-"
    SC: "Great, thanks <click>"

It seems you have ignored, either blissfully or willingly, a very key piece of information here. You may think yourself rather clever fleeing the scene like that. However, all that's going to happen now is I'm just going to keep paging you till you call back for the second one. So while clever, you didn't really think this cunning plan all the way through, did you? Didn't think so. Now grab a pen and a piece of paper, buttflap, I've got a message for you.

Argh!

SC: "Yeah, my car's stuck in the parkade!"

Oh for crying out loud. What's wrong with you people? Go out on a limb. Take a chance for once in your life and try reading. I know these weird "sign" things and their bizarre alien markings are a complete enigma too you. But with a little help, a little effort and maybe a few reruns of Sesame Street, you too could join the ranks of people in this city that have a friggan clue and read a sign for once. I know they're out there. Do you know how I know they're out there? Because they've already left the parkade.

Linguistic Skills

Me: "Ok, what's his phone number?"
    SC: "xxx-xxx-xxx-xxxx"
    Me: "…er…ok that was a few too many numbers. What's the number again?"
    SC: "xxx-xxx-xxxx"
    Me: "Ok, so xxx-xxx-xxxx?"
    SC: "Correcto!"

Don't start. I should warn you the only thing I ever learned of Spanish was "oh mi dios cuáles son usted que hace a mi perro?" which if I remember right translates to something like "Oh my God, what are you doing to my dog?!". I've yet to have an occasion to apply it to real life.

Just, No.
    ( Tech Support no less. )

SC: "Then I got ta thinkin'…"

Stop right there. That road leads only to failure. You are trifling with power far beyond your comprehension. You are not yet ready for all that thinking above a "damp carpet stain" level entails. With great power comes great responsibility and you are not yet ready to attempt ordering at McDonalds with any method beyond pointing at the pictures and grunting.

Day Two: Complete
    Last edited by Gravekeeper; 08-03-2007, 04:01 PM.

Do you get calls every day for the parkade, or is this a new experience that people are having every day?
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
      ( ...none of you were at the Lion's game last night where you? I tried to skirt around the crowd and got completely broadside ambushed by two girls. >< )
      Not that anyone will believe me, but I was at work. Check out the times when I posted yesterday.

Irony

Me: "Good evening, <company>. Can I help you?"
      SC: "Not unless you're <my first name>! <click>"

…..well, actually….
      No, you're known to the world by your extended title.

SC: "Yeah, my car's stuck in the parkade!"
      Any chance some of these people are taking vacations out of the infamous area code?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I noticed that one ...I think it fits. You seem to have an unnatural ability to keep your patience...Grace under Fire, so to speak

I Can Corrupt Anything

Oh, dog, my childhood memories are now changed forever...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

The parkade!

Once, on a Saturday, I got a call from a woman who had left her car in the underground parking garage, and came back to find it closed. There were numerous problems with this call:

1. We only lease space in the building; we don't own it or run the garage. (She must have called every business listed on the sign outside the building, and I was the only one that answered.)

2. The garage sign clearly stated that it closed at 1:00pm on Saturday. She called me at 3:00 pm.

3. The garage charges by the hour. There is a 5-story parking structure, 100-feet away, that is free on Saturdays.

4. There was a security guard in the lobby, but she didn't bother to knock, ring the bell, or shake the doors.

I contacted the emergency number for building management, explained the situation, and went on with my work.

She calls me again. I explain, again, that we don't own the building, I don't park in the garage so I don't have a pass that will open the gate (besides, if I did, she wouldn't be paying for her parking, and I could be implicated for theft), and all she can do is wait for building management.

Thankfully, that was the last time she called.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I once got my vehicle stuck in a parking garage. It was not my fault. I had 2 job interviews on the same day, about 2 hours apart. I decided to just go ahead and park in it. When I came back from the second interview, there was a sign stating that because of a family emergency. That the garage was closed. I had another interview, that I had to get too within an hour. The sign stated that a guard will be back on, in about 3 hours later. Someone was already calling the emergency numbers on the side of the building. I truly hope that, the one guard, got in trouble for what he did.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

GK, how did you get a picture of my cat?

Comment

I got the nickname 'Waldo' when I was in the second grade. (from a cartoon walrus because even back then I was 'supersized')

Now if only the Cam you speak of had a surname of Diaz and not a given name of James.
                This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

I liked it the first time, and I still like it now.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
                    GK, how did you get a picture of my cat?
                    Wait, then......if that's your cat....when did you steal MY cat? Cause that's my baby!
                    "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Why did you want to learn "Oh my god, what are you doing to my dog?" In spanish? Do you have the Spanish Inquistion where you live, and they are anti-dog or something like that? Or are you like me, and learn things for the fun of it. Ich habe eine stinktier wohnen in meine hose. Which translates into "I have a skunk living in my pants." Theres that and "Ich wille Opfele dir zum Antique Keiserzeik!!!" Which is "I will sacrifce you to the Roman Empire!!!"
                      It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
                      ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

I want to learn the phrase, "My hovercraft is full of eels" in as many languages as possible...

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Umm forgive me for sounding stupid but Car Parking Garages close? Is that what you're talking about?

I know I dont go to the city that much and experience the joys of parking garages but the ones I have encountered either have staff on duty 24/7 or they put the gates up and you can just drive out at a certain time of night until a certain time of the morning no charge.

So to be honest if I ever encountered a parking garage that closed and wouldnt let you get your own property out I'd probably be a bit upset as well, either that or not park there and find another parking garage that didnt treat people like that.

Disclaimer: I have only been physically in 7 parking garages in my entire life. 1 in seattle, 1 in Columbus, 2 in Dayton, and 3 in Cincinnati. Everywhere else I have parked has been a free parking lot. Yes I do live out in the boonies, I like it like that.

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post

So to be honest if I ever encountered a parking garage that closed and wouldnt let you get your own property out I'd probably be a bit upset as well, either that or not park there and find another parking garage that didnt treat people like that.
                            Fair enough, but said parking garages have signs informing of the hours they close so you have the option of not parking there. Seems to be the logical conclusion rather than yelling at someone on the phone when the garage in fact closes.
                            "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Well yes there is that CMS. One reason whyh I said if I knew the place was one that treated people like that then I would move to another place and not park there. Actually I would look for a regular parking space/lot first then only go to a parking garage if I had to do so.

Comment

Working...
                              X