This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizarre Elderly Hijinks

So the other day this lady comes to pick up her special order. All special orders are held at the register and not at the Help Desk any longer, so I ran over to the registers to get it.

It's not there.

It happens sometimes. I checked every shelf in case it had been misshelved. I looked in the back to see if the SO girl had it. She remembered it coming in and came out to help me look. We spent nearly 30 minutes looking for this damn book and couldn't find it.

Luckily the customer was very sweet about it and agreed to have us order another one for her at a discount.

Yesterday SO girl came to find me as soon as I clocked in.

Not an hour after the customer left, SO girl was at the register when an elderly lady came up. The lady handed her a book with a special order tag in it (with the customer's name and date it was received). It was the same book we had just busted our asses trying to find.

SO girl points out that this is a special order and asks how the elderly lady came to have it. The elderly lady explained that she'd been browsing, seen a long rack of books (the ones BEHIND the register) and went to look at them. That title looked interesting so she took it.

Now, our register counter is long and open at both ends. We sometimes have customers wander back there by mistake, and if we're busy it's easy to miss them. I guess this is what happened. And, being elderly, she completely missed the card with "Special Order" printed on it.

SO girl told the old lady that the book was someone else's, the old lady apologized and ordered her own copy, and SO girl called the book's correct owner and they had a good laugh. As did I when she told me this story.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

How is that a hijink? It sounds as if it was an accident. Not being rude, but just trying to figure it out
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

So...who gets the discounted copy?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post

Luckily the customer was very sweet about it and agreed to have us order another one for her at a discount.

SO girl told the old lady that the book was someone else's, the old lady apologized and ordered her own copy, and SO girl called the book's correct owner
        So...does the original lady get the original book, now at a discount, and only one new copy was ordered for the second lady? Or were two new copies ordered?

I'm so confused....
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Well, if it were me, I would cancel the first customer's reorder and order a copy for the second customer. And I would also give the first customer the promised discount for her inconvenience.

-ams- <who believes that the OP does not work for the same company as I do and therefore might have a different way of going about it>
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

That's exactly what was done. Sorry it wasn't made clear in the original post.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Working...
            X