This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-worker comes through in a pinch!

I love my co-worker "J" - she is always willing to switch days, or work for me at my second job if needed, and I will do the same. We both only work nights and weekends, so that helps too.

Last night i was at the Police concert, and was scheduled to work tonight. Knowing I would probably be home late, when the schedule came out, I asked "J" if she would switch days with me, and she did, willingly.

Then I got the news that my friend's father had passed away suddenly, and the wake is Wed (2 days from now). I'm scheduled to work that night, and was limited in when I could switch days, as I'm also working Thursday, and Friday night I have a wedding. I COULD go in the afternoon, but that would mean leaving my other job early, driving about an hour to the wake, back home in rush hour traffic, and then going to the other job, which I would like to avoid since I am already taking half a day friday for the wedding.

So I call J again, and ask if there is any way she can work for me Wed night....she can, and says she will! I owe her big time, but she is always willing to help me, and anyone else out, and is one of the nicest people I know...just had to share that, since its not always the case that someone is willing to go the extra mile to help you out!
Working...
X