This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just quit??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I just quit my job. I was on self-check out duty. #s 1 & 3 were on "Pay Cashier Only" so everybody had to pay me at the paystation, 2 has been down for days and 4, the express, was the only one working. I was running back and forth between them all day. At about 6:15 4 ran out of coins so I tried to refill the dispenser, but kept having to run back to the paystation. Not me I was cashing a woman (I think?) out and these to women at 1 started complaining that their bags didn't work so I told them to use the ones right next to them. They said something about they're just letting me know about the bags. I said something along the lines of "I don't order them it's not my fault!". I finished cashing out the customer I was with. Then they came up, I realized what I sounded like and I think I was about to apologize? She said about the bags again and called my an asshole. Then I cursed (I don't know what I said) started screaming "I quit". Ran to the time clock, clocked out, ran back to the paystation and got my keys & cellphone and ran out of the store. I kept yelling "Goodbye I quit" . Then when I was in my car I realized what I just did. Why the hell did I do this? I've called worse, been threated, grabbed, spat at, and kept calm, but I just snapped. I can't believe I just quit in the middle of a shift. Damn! It's only been half an hour and I can't remember half of what happened.
    Last edited by alphaboi; 08-06-2006, 11:54 PM.
    Mon aƩroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Was there anyone else there. You didn't leave the store open and empty of employees did you

I've had really bad days kinda like that, I was very glad I was on "salary" at that time
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

It's a supermarket, there were plenty of staff there. After I had a shower and something to eat I called the store. S, the manager on duty, wanted to know what happened and if I was okay, I told her that I decided that I meant what I said and I'm not coming back. I apologized about quiting in the middle of a shift (totally unlike me, I've never even no-called, no-showed), but she said she didn't blame me (she wish she could do the same thing). I'm in college and I live at home so I'm not going to starve. It's weird, like I was on auto-pilot when it happened.
      Mon aƩroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

You just did what i've been dreaming of doing for years. people can only take so much.

Comment

Working...
        X