This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tired of work

Ever had one of those days at work where you just get so frustrated you want to cry, scream, and rant--all at the same time? Today was one of those days for me. Had a plain awful day at work, so pardon me while I vent. I wasn't sure what part to post this in...wasn't really a sucky customer day, just a sucky work day.

So, I tried to call in because my cat was hit by a car or was attacked by an animal (don't know, but he had a swollen, broken tail and a nasty limp on one of his rear legs, as well as a heck of a bleeding wound.) I was told that I had to come in because two people had already called in and they really couldn't afford another. Okay, fine. I made arrangements for my sister to take my cat to the vet ASAP and locked the poor kitty in his carrier box because my other cat kept trying to play with him and that wasn't working.

Everything is very crazy at work when I get there since the VP of the company is flying in tomorrow to look at the store. It was very busy for a Monday and everyone is doing last minute school shopping. School begins tomorrow for the county I worked in and it began on the 2nd for the neighboring county. The childrens' cashwrap is a mess and I hate working in a cluttered environment. Anyway, it was an unspoken given that I was required to get the place cleaned up, hide all the missing pieces that get chucked into a box under the counter and basically de-clutter the place. Oh great. How am I supposed to do that when I'm the only one working the cashwrap and I have customers every five seconds. Later on, the manager working the childrens' departments asks me if I could put away any of the clothing on the counter. Haha, yeah right. I did try, honestly.

A third cashier never showed up so I got my break at 6:30, instead of the scheduled 4:30.

I was intentionally rude to a customer for the first time in my life and I feel generally awful about it. I was working downstairs in womens' before I was moved upstairs to cover kid's (and after I was moved from tool's which is where I was originally scheduled) and I had my back to where the "line" would be at. There was a cashier working the register directly behind me. I had just come into the cashwrap and I was ringing up one lady waiting, got her out of the way, and then another came up. I begin to ring her up and this other lady screams "Excuse me, lady! Isn't the line over here? Ring me up first!" She comes around the cashwrap, blabbing on her stupid cellphone and I nearly lost it. Excuse me for accidentally skipping you. Ugh. I snatched her bill payment off the counter where she flinged it, ran it through and gave her the frostiest glare I could manage. I give her the receipt and she says sarcastically, "gee, thanks." And I snapped, "Yeah, whatever." So, she then says, "Bitch." Me: "Right back at you. Have a nice day." She stormed off and then I felt sorta awful, because I'd never acted like that before. Oh well.

Anyway, that's about how my day went. I had a better attitude later on and we had to stay an hour after closing to help get the place cleaned up but the children's department still looks like a warzone so hopefully the VP stays far away from that part. (whew, what a run on sentence.) I feel sorry for the MCA's.

I think I'm going to look for a new place to work. I'm just tired of working there.

What a day! How's the cat doing?
    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
    X