This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer called bad customer dumbass.

This happened last week when I was working morning shift. It was 6:00 am, just finished the shift change and opened my register when two guys come in. They are both obviously friends as they are jabbering away. One brings up a can of soda, and wants cigs. He shows his ID, no problem. The total was like 4 dollars. He then tries to pay with a 100 dollars bill. I can't do it, because, well, I DON"T HAVE the change. He then proceeds to yell at me, about how I'm a store, and should have tons of money.

His friend butts in, calls him a dumbass, because I'm a freaking convience store, NOT a bank or bigger store, and I couldn't have change. He then paid for his friend, and they both left, as the first guy was still ranting about how I should always have change for a 100 blah blah blah. The cool guy just shrugged at me, and mouthed sorry. It was freaking cool, because it did shut his friend up. For about 30 seconds.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

A story from a previous job

I worked for a c-store in my hometown a few years ago. The bank where the store had its local account was located across the street. The vice president of the bank came in one afternoon, and bragged on me for demonstrating a very professional attitude while working. The manager told me about it that evening when I showed up for work. The bank's VP frequently visited the store as a customer of an evening because she lived just down the street. I thanked her for bragging on me to the manager, and we developed a good rapport as clerk and customer. She always made even my bad days better.

One day, this jerk brings in a roll of quarters to pay for $6 worth of gas. Per policy, I proceed to empty the roll and count the quarters. He gets huffy, "What, you don't trust me?"

"It's just policy, and we're on camera. If you don't like it, you're welcome to talk to the manager later."

"Well, that's stupid! It's obviously all there!"

The bank VP was standing in line behind the jerkwad. She comments in a straight-forward, authoritative tone, "I work at the bank across the street, and our policy is to recount all money we take in, too. More places are doing it to protect themselves. If it's all there, you shouldn't get upset over it. I'm sure you'd want to be sure it was all in order for yourself."

He kept pacing like he was doing the pee-pee dance, as if that was going to pursuade me to hurry on his account. "Oh, yeah, I need $4 worth of quarters!"

I had actually counted out the $6 I needed to pay for his gas. I just nonchalantly shoved the remainder back at him and grinned, "Well, then, that should be $4 worth of quarters right there since a roll holds $10. You can count it if you want to verify it, and I promise not to take offense that you double-checked my work."

Then, I hit the cash and chucked my money in the drawer. Jerkwad gave me a dirty look as he snatched up his quarters and stormed off.

The bank VP stepped up to the counter laughing at how I handled the jerk. I grinned big, "Well, I did have some help." We both just laughed about it.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
    X