This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A manager sticking to his guns

At a Discount Drug Mart (kinda like a small grocery store), where I've worked for three years, there used to work a lady in the photo department. She was overweight, but no one really pestered her until this one day.

This customer was a "crazie"-dressed like she was still stuck in the 80's. Crazy hair, and cut marks on her wrists, and was nearly always drunk or hung over. She came in to get a dog license (which at that time, before we moved to the new store, was where you got them) and started to insult my coworker. I was working on the last register, which was right by photo. Basically just calling her fat, etc.

The manager on duty came up once the photo tech had paged him. Now this guy was one of those guys you really get sick of; can get really annoying. This time he really did a great thing. She took him aside and explained what was going on, customer insulting her etc. Then he went to the counter and told her off.

Manager: I don't appreciate you insulting my workers like that.
    SC: Well I can say what I want..(something like that)
    Manager: I'm going to ask you to leave the store, ma'm, and you're banned from the store.

Basically went something like that; I've been working there for six years and memories tend to get mixed up. One of those things where you remember the incident for a very long time.

Yeah I just reread this and realized I had two conflicting numbers for how long I've been working there. The correct number is six.

Comment

Quoth Mish_Lady View Post
      SC: Well I can say what I want..(something like that)
      Manager: I'm going to ask you to leave the store, ma'm, and you're banned from the store.
      Bet she tried to change her attitude right then... just been my experience that people don't realize that they're going too far until something really bad happens, and by that time, it's too late. Like how a lot of people I've seen or heard of that get pulled over by the cops and only start acting civilized when he cop pulls out the handcuffs and/or arrests them.

But, sorry to derail for just a moment there, because that was an awesome management moment.
      "Oh, you hate your job? There's a club for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet down at the bar." ~Drew Carey

Comment

Working...
      X