This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event that I am dreading

As most of you know, I work at an arena. The upside is I get to pick my hours so its great. What I should not have picked was the Wiggles. For those who don't know the Wiggles is a kids TV show meaning lots of crazy parents and snot-nosed kids. (No offense to the parents on this board though.) I'm dreading it because most of the parents are going to complain about the parking fee and will have a hard time NOT swearing in front of their 5 year old. Having to hear screaming little kids before and after the show is going to give me a big headache and mothers making up crap if their kids do something and try to blame me.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

The Wiggles are evil, and do not make it on to TV very much in my house. Prepare for VERY crotchety parents who are worn ragged from nagging and over-excited kids before the show, and who are then sick to the back teeth of the annoyingly catchy songs after the show. Also prepare for kids being sick in your parking lot...

I've taken my daughter to a couple of TV-tie in shows in London (Balamory Live and CBeebies live if anyone is interested ) and I would NEVER drive into London. She's one of those kids who gets taken everywhere by car, so travelling by tube and bus is a fun experience for her.
    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
    - Dave Barry

Comment

Oh how I feel your pain...the wiggles are indeed evil...if I have to hear about the blasted pirate or the mariachi wiggles one more time whilst babysitting I may have to ban them from the TV at my house too! All I can say is be prepared for a bunch of EXTREMELY hyperactive kids, bouncing off the walls with excitement and sugar and then more than likely throwing it all up again in the car park.

Let us know how it goes, I can see there being serious stories from that one!

Comment

Ah, yes, reason number 27 not to have kids. The Wiggles. It's like Raffi * 4 with an added kookiness.
        Desk-On: Apply directly to the forehead.

Comment

Hey, I took my son to see them last week when they were in my city. The audience was one of the most sedate and friendly I ever encountered. I honestly was expecting the angry, tired, screaming parents and the over stimulated kids, but I saw only kids and parents who wanted to have fun and were smiling. It was a very nice experience.

Yeah, the show was simplistic - it is aimed at four-year-olds - but it was not too much for my stomach to handle.
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Working...
          X