Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McDonalds Employee Gets 1 Night in Jail for "Salty" Burger...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonalds Employee Gets 1 Night in Jail for "Salty" Burger...

So salty that it made a police officer ill, or so they say...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070909/...d_salty_burger

All I have to say is...

"This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

This is the perfect example of why i don't like cops.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
      This is the perfect example of why i don't like cops.
      Cue N.W.A.
      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

I prefer the Jay and Silent Bob version myself.
        "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

If it's salty enough to make someone ill, wouldn't they notice it? Makes me baffled.

Rapscallion

Comment

How completely asinine. I hate things like this, because it just screams abuse of power. Anyone with common sense should have stopped eating the burger, returned to the restaurant, and had it replaced.
            "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

How about this line from the article....

"Police said samples of the burger were sent to the state crime lab for tests."

Because the state crime lab almost certainly has nothing better to do.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

A sample of the meat was sent away for testing???

Wow . . . abuse of power, right there.
                ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Now just how does an overly salted burger make a person ill?

Methinks the badge and the uniform have gone to the officer's head.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

City public information officer George Louth said Bull was charged because she served the burger "without regards to the well-being of anyone who might consume it."
                    Isn't that in the McDonald's handbook?

I don't have a problem with cops. My SO's father is a cop, and the cops around here are very nice. Too bad assgoblins like this guy make all the headlines and give the rest of them a bad image.
                    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Because I have high blood pressure, I've been told by my various doctors to watch my salt intake. I drive my husband "crazy" because I don't add salt to the boiling water for our pasta, I alway use either garlic or onion powder to on our meats. When I have too much salt, my hands, feet, and ankles swell up like led balloons, my blood pressure rises and I get really out-of-the-world headaches and am very dizzy (to the point of puking) due to the rise in blood pressure.

However, that being said, because I don't eat a lot of salt, when there is a lot in something I'm eating, I *can* taste it in foods that I'm eating. And if the burger *was* too salty, I wouldn't have finished it and then went back to the place I bought it from. I would have stopped eating and least called before I went back.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                        Too bad assgoblins like this guy make all the headlines and give the rest of them a bad image.
                        Exactly. It only takes one idiot to abuse the power he's been given, but he manages to make plenty of people look bad.
                        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                          However, that being said, because I don't eat a lot of salt, when there is a lot in something I'm eating, I *can* taste it in foods that I'm eating. And if the burger *was* too salty, I wouldn't have finished it and then went back to the place I bought it from. I would have stopped eating and least called before I went back.[/COLOR]
                          I also can't imagine that this officer has a condition similar to yours that requires him to watch his sodium intake. A Big Mac at McDonald's, prepared normally, has over 1000 mg of sodium and represents over 40% of an adult's recommended daily intake.

Those sensitive to salt do not eat at McDonald's, period.

Comment

Boozy - I'm careful about what I eat - to a certain extent - I AM over 250 pounds, so I can't be too careful, right? <--sarcasm.

Anyways, when I do eat McDonald's food, I make sure I eat nothing but bland foods before and after that one meal. If I don't, I'm sick for the next day or so. I know, it's my body's way of tellin me not eat the stuff, but sometimes, I just gotta have it. (Now I just have to convince my husband that added salt does NOT make everything taste better - and that his mother's cooking is horrible with the amount of salt she puts in it - and she KNOWS I have high blood pressure, and SHE has high blood pressure - sorry that's for another rant).

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                              Anyways, when I do eat McDonald's food, I make sure I eat nothing but bland foods before and after that one meal.
                              That's how I did it, too.

I used to be on a low sodium diet, but if I was really craving McDonald's, I'd have some. I'd just have to eat nothing but veggies for the rest of the day.

Still worth it, though, wasn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X