This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best customer service

I was thinking today about how some people at stores or other places really go out of their way to make you happy, when you don't even ask for it. I went on a cruise with my grandma once around Mexico. The people on that ship just smiled, and chatted with you, and did everything they could to make sure you were happy. My grandmother got sick during the cruise, and the guy that cleaned the room during the day brought her some ice cream. My grandma left him a big tip. Also, one time I came back to the room and found my teddy bear tucked in under the blanket. It was so cute. Another time I came back and there was a Jamaican coin on my bedside table. Grandma said the room guy probably found it while cleaning and thought it was mine. I was really impressed that he'd just put it up for me. I took a picture of the bear, I figured out how to put it up but I'll have to do it tomorrow, the picture's on my parents computer and it's after midnight right now.

The other experience I had was years ago when my brother and I went to a movie. It was the first time we went without our parents so we were feeling pretty cool. We were figuring out how much money we had to buy drinks, and the girl told us that she and her friends dodged the high prices by buying a large drink (with free refill) and taking an empty cup with us and splitting the soda, and getting the free refill whenever someone got low. I don't know if we were supposed to do that, but she let us do that so we both got unlimited drinks after buying one large soda. Don't worry, we didn't abuse it by demanding it every time we went to the movies, we just did it that one time. I thought it was really nice of her because we were just kids with limited allowance money.
    Last edited by mariamousie1; 09-18-2007, 04:25 AM.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
    I thought it was really nice of her because we were just kids with limited allowance money.
    I love to see places treating nice kids nicely. And its smart business sense in the long run. I don't go to stores that I remember treating me poorly as a teenager, which is a loss for those stores now that I have more money to spend.

I was a sucker for nice kids when I worked at the cafe. We'd get some teenagers coming in after school for cappuccinos and stuff, and they never had much money and were never able to tip well, but it was so refreshing to see young faces in a restaurant with mostly elderly regulars. I always gave them day-old cookies and stuff for free.

I can't give out freebies to kids where I work now. Wine store, and all that.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

That would be a really cool wine store! Anyway, here's that photo.
      -Helen Keller

Comment

omg, that photo is TOO cute! the staff obviously thought so too Great to see you and your Grandma got some great service!
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I can't see the image now so I'll put the link up here.
          http://mariamousie.freewebspace.com

Thanks, I thought it was really cute too, that's why I took the picture.
          -Helen Keller

Comment

I had good customer service today, and just had to brag...I took my car in for basic service (oil change, etc.) and the check out a rattling noise its been making. I've had the car since Dec, but it was about 3.5 years old, with out 39K on it when I bought it, so i really don't know too much about its history, service recoreds, etc.

This is a new mechanic, who came highly recommended, so I knew i woudln't get cheated - my old one is good, but he's 45 mins away, so now that I found someone i think i can trust....its MUCH closer to where I live.

well, they call to tell me its the catalytic converter, which is VERY pricy to replace, and my car is out of warranty. But...that particular part is still covered, as its 80K or 8 years...so not only do they tell me that, THEY called the dealer, spoke to them, and made sure it would be covered and I would not have to pay. After I got off the phone with them, then I called the dealer, who chould not have been nicer!

They also only charged me $30 for the diagnostics, when its noramlly much, much more...

Guess who's getting my business again?

Comment

Awwww.....the teddy bear was way too cute- yes I'm sucker for cuddly things.

^_^
              Yes- I'm the supervisor today
              Yes I'm young
              Get Over It.....and have a nice day

Comment

Quoth jigshoes86 View Post
                Awwww.....the teddy bear was way too cute- yes I'm sucker for cuddly things.

^_^
                And I am so NOT a sucker for cuddly, but I STILL went "awwww"!

If those are all you, MariaMouse, you are damn good.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                X