This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a Hero working in my store

The other night our 3rd shift staff member thwarted (what I think was) a robbery attempt.

She paid close attention to her surroundings, followed her gut instincts and when the odd-acting dude came back to the store not once, not twice, but 3 times (each time with an extra person in his car) and parked in the same spot in front of the door, AND this all happened over the course of 90 minutes...she called the cops.

Turned out the car was stolen and buddy had warrants (yep, more than one) out for his arrest!

I'm almost positive he was casing the store. We're a quick service restaurant located inside a C-store and he had purchased items on both sides. She thinks he was taking his time to make sure how many staff were actually there. Which would explain the reason for the extra people in the car.

Anyway, she will be rewarded. The higher up, powers-that-be have already been notified and asked to do something to shine a bright light on her behaviour.

she showed great courage - it is great when people will step up to the plate and take a risk like that. Let us know how she is recognised - and pass on our kudos to her

Comment

it is definately great to have an employee who is that aware of his/her surroundings, and I would definately have some type of reward for her. I personally anyone who has that type of skill. Im in management now, and havent developed that type of skill yet. Its definately something that I need to work on though
      "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

that's awesome.. what's sad tho is I work at home depot and we are not allowed to call the cops or confront hte SL. We CAN follow them around and keep asking if they need help that's it. If we accuse them of stealing or call the cops when we see them stealing we can get fired how f-ed up is that!?

Comment

Working...
        X