This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran into a sucky employee at KFC...

Just went down to KFC for my lunchy goodness... I walk in the door, and there's a line-up like you wouldn't believe!!! and it was only 11:30... I soon found out why.

They have a new hire who's on training. She seems like a nice girl, but VERY easily confused. (It took her nearly ten minutes just to take my order, and no, I'm NOT exaggerating.)

She'd been scratching at her nose while taking my order and playing with her hairnet, but I didn't say anything. There were no wings prepared, so she had to go back and make some (those boneless ones... I love those!). She had no idea where they were kept, or how to do it, and wouldn't ask for help, so that took another 25 minutes. Then she comes back out, puts my fries into one of the little kiddie bags (wrong size) and starts ladling the gravy. Spilled gravy all over the place, and it was running down the outside of the container, so what does she do? Mops it up with her finger, and LICKS IT OFF!!!!!

That was the last straw for me. I knew she hadn't been washing her hands, because she'd been in my line of sight the whole time. I went over to the manager who was manning the other cash, and told her the girl had just licked the gravy off her fingers while preparing my food and that I really wasn't comfortable with that. I was discreet, I don't think anyone else, the girl included, heard me, and I didn't really feel I was being all that sucky.

The manager lady prepared me all new food (I felt bad about that... but goddamn, I didn't think I could stomach eating the food finger-licker had made me... I know it's their slogan, but GROSS.)

So forty-five minutes later, when I left EARLY to avoid the crowd, I had my lunch in hand. Problem is, I'm not so hungry anymore
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Bleh.... to add insult to injury, my wings aren't Buffalo like I ordered either... NOR are they smoky bbq (they only COME in two flavors). Lord knows what this sauce is supposed to be, but it's a rather flavorless, over-salted orange gelatinous muck. Not going back to that KFC again *shudder*
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
      Bleh.... to add insult to injury, my wings aren't Buffalo like I ordered either... NOR are they smoky bbq (they only COME in two flavors). Lord knows what this sauce is supposed to be, but it's a rather flavorless, over-salted orange gelatinous muck. Not going back to that KFC again *shudder*
      Sounds like a honey sauce.

The last time I went to a KFC, it was the one around the corner from my apartment. There were three people in front of me. It took them 20 minutes to ring up three people (just to ring them up, not get them their food). And it wasn't the customer's fault, they didn't ask for anything huge or complicated. Finally they get to me.

Me (a bit annoyed over the wait): Hi, I'd like meal X with sides Y and Z.
      cashier: oh... we... don't... have sides Y.
      Me: Ok, can I just have two orders of Z instead?
      Cashier: ok. Did you want a biscuit with that?
      Me: Well, doesn't meal X come with one?
      Cashier: *looks at menu* yes. but there aren't any ready.
      Me: Well, how long will it take to make them?
      Cashier: Half an hour [WTF?! I find it hard to believe it takes half an hour to heat up some biscuits, I can make some myself from scratch in that time].
      Me: Well, can you just give me the meal and not charge me for the biscuit?
      Cashier: Nope.
      Me: Well then can I just have two of the snacker sandwiches, drink, and a Z then?
      Cashier:Ok. That'll be <money>
      Me: *hands over money*
      cashier: *walks away makes my sandwiches then walks away somewhere else*
      Me: *waits. waits. waits. waits*
      Other cashier: Did you get your food yet?
      Me: No, I thought the other girl was getting it for me, I saw her make the sandwiches I figured she was getting Z.
      Other cashier: *grabs Z, shoves it in my bag, hands me bag and walks away*
      Me: Umm.. I'm supposed to get a drink with this. *gets drink*

So I go and sit down and eat my sandwich. The bread is rock-hard stale. But I'm too annoyed to complain about it.

Comment

I'm begginning to think it's KFC's around the board. Maybe that's why they are merging with A&W (like mine) or KFC

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=8552

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
          Sounds like a honey sauce.
          It wasn't the SLIGHTEST bit sweet though. It was literally salty yet flavorless orange goo. I'd never seen sauce like it at KFC. I'd almost say it tasted sort of like their gravy, but it didn't even have THAT much flavor to it. Just salt. It was gross. I'm not eating there again.
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I
            know it's their slogan, but GROSS.)
            yeah, but you're supposed to lick your OWN fingers...AFTER you've eaten!

I don't blame you...I would have done the same thing (or else I would have said, never mind, and gone somewhere else...)
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Well, I was tempted to just tell her to refund me and I'd eat elsewhere, but by that time I'd already burned through 40 minutes of my lunch (I technically only get 30... joy).
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

From colour and such, it almost sounds like the "hot" sauce I've seen some places. It's possible it was a really bad batch of that stuff... *shrug* (as in poorly made, not spoiled. I'd hope)
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Well, it certainly wasn't spicy, and it was a lot thicker than any hot sauce I've ever seen... Either way, it's given me hella indigestion, so I'm steering clear from now on. I'll get my boneless wing fix in Ontario, where it's safe LOL
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                    Well, it certainly wasn't spicy, and it was a lot thicker than any hot sauce I've ever seen... Either way, it's given me hella indigestion, so I'm steering clear from now on. I'll get my boneless wing fix in Ontario, where it's safe LOL
                    Hence the quotes around hot, and the badly made addendum. I'd almost be willing to bet it was a batch that somehow got mismade, missing the spices, because it really sounds almost exactly like that now. As for sticking to Ontario, probably safest. Even the KFCs here aren't that stellar unless you stick to simply getting chicken (the regular stuff, too).
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

It goes in phases on this board......

For a while, everyone was having SC sightings or SE sightings at Subway.

Then for the longest time, it was McDonalds...

Now it's KFC...
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                        You know, this sounds like duck sauce, but I thought you only got that with chinese food. Wierd.
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

What I don't understand is WHY did they have the newbie manning the counter for lunch rush? WHY wasn't there anyone there to back her up (since she obviously wasn't familiar with thet process)? WHY wasn't the manager there to pick up her slack or the slack of the grill? The manager is supposed to be 3 people in one....
                          Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Well, I ended up being EXTREMELY sick last night (all night, joy) and yet still dragged myself in to work this morning with a raging headache, mild fever, and I've apparently caught the cold my daughter's been going around with... only to find that my coworker (the girl who would have covered for me if I called in sick) called in because her throat's a bit scratchy. *GRRRR*

Staying FAR away from KFC from now on.
                            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                              I'm begginning to think it's KFC's around the board. Maybe that's why they are merging with A&W (like mine) or KFC

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=8552
                              Like the one across the street from the hobbyshop. I haven't had A&W for years, I should go over there sometime....*mouth watering*
                              Check out my cosplay social group!
                              http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Working...
                              X