This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not SC, BUT Funny/Weird/Scary Cashier

This doesn't involve a SC really. (Mods please move it if needed)

I just thought this was really strange.

I was at K Mart buying some shirts. (5.99 a piece, don't laugh)
    Anyway, I was in the process of checking out. The cashier came to the last shirt that I had. It said "My monkey made me do it." When she saw it, the converation went like this.

SC - Scary Chashier
    Me - yep

SC - "Yeah, my daughter is having electro-shock therapy"

Me - "Oh, really." (Seriously WTF)

SC - "Yeah, she has bi polar disorder."

Me - "I'm sorry to hear that." (Still WTF)

SC - "The front of the shirt made me think of it."

Me - "Oh, I'm sorry" (Yeah, Still WTF)

SC - "Yeah, I had it too"

Me - "..."

SC - "When I was her age, I had a imaginary monkey on my shoulder that would tell me to do things. So that reminded me of that."

Me - "Ok" (Quickly grabbing my stuff and leaving)

I don't know if she was kidding or not, but the way she looked and how she acted I really don't think it was a joke.

Its kind of funny now but, wow that was wierd.

Really Confuzed-Monkey
    Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

Sounds like she's over it and it's just a part of her past now.

They still do EST? I thought that had gone by the wayside.

Comment

Well, EST is a lot different than it was...I mean, it's not like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest anymore. But yeah, in some cases they do still use a form of it. Believe it or not, a close friend's mom had this treatment as a last resort, and it really helped her.

Comment

Okay...granted, I don't always know what's an appropriate topic of conversation. But, uh...yeah. Whoa?
        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Wow. She just started in like that? I cannot fathom why someone would bring that up with a total stranger, let alone a customer. I mean, wouldn't most people keep that kind of thing to themselves?
          Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

That was just deeply disturbing. I feel the woman's pain and all, but total strangers just don't need to know that.

:backing away slowly:
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Yeah, some people suffer from chronic Too Much Info Itis. I go to a lot of ren-fair type things, and one time I went inside this one vendor's tent and he was LITERALLY like "Hi, let me know if I can help you find what you are looking for. My ex wife was a real bitch that took me for everything I had. She was horrible, ran off with my friend and broke my heart. I'll never trust another woman again...blah blah blah" pretty much the entire time I was in there, which wasn't long, let me tell you.

Here's the really scary part...dude was a blade vendor.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                Well, EST is a lot different than it was...I mean, it's not like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest anymore. But yeah, in some cases they do still use a form of it. Believe it or not, a close friend's mom had this treatment as a last resort, and it really helped her.
                My mother did an internship at a psyciatric hospital, and from what she's told me, yeah, it's MAJORLY different. Sedatives before hand, they use much lower dosages, and they place the probes to target the specific parts of the brain instead of just electro-frying the whole thing. Oh, and it's also refered to officially as Electro-Convulsive Therapy (ECT) these days.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Maybe she has no one else to talk to about that stuff

Comment

Or maybe, she was just taking the piss and laughed her ass off after you ran out the door.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                    X