This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man I feel stupid....

So my mom just shelled out 500+ bucks for some new HD super duper DVD tv mixture. She wants me to hook it all up. Easy right? I'm not super good with electronics, but I can hook stuff up.

Two hours later mom's screaming at me. (Jokinly, but still pissed she spent stuff on the tv that just won't work!). I just couldn't get the sigal, I'm frustated. So we decided to call the cable company just in case we needed something extra. The guy's walking me through it. That was done, that was on, then he told me to make sure the cable is connected to the TV. I rolled my eyes, frustated slightly that the dude would think I'm so stupid as to not have put the cable in the TV.

.... you read the thread title right? I flipped up the cable, and saw that it was NOT connected. I had not put it in.

We put it in, and within three or so seconds we had the TV working with her cable. So she's happy. My sister came in, liked how the screen made the actors butt looks good, so its good for her and mom's self-esteem. (Joking ).

So yeah, I feel stupid. But at least its working.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Quoth Plaidman View Post
    So yeah, I feel stupid. But at least its working.
    It's a LOT worse when it's your business to "plug things in" correctly and don't.

Not that I know from first hand experience of course....

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
      The guy's walking me through it. That was done, that was on, then he told me to make sure the cable is connected to the TV. I rolled my eyes, frustated slightly that the dude would think I'm so stupid as to not have put the cable in the TV.

.... you read the thread title right? I flipped up the cable, and saw that it was NOT connected. I had not put it in.
      Sometimes the cable guy knows best
      Last edited by Ree; 11-05-2007, 12:53 AM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote
      "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Working...
      X