This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom and I, the SC.

So my mom and I decided to go this really freaking great BBQ place we haven't been to for a while. A few months ago the original owners sold the place, so I was a little leery about going there, but their BBQ is incredible. (Campells for those in the Portland area!)

So we get there about 6:30ish. Only three customers in there. We were seated fairly quickly. Then the wait began. 10 minutes later with no staff in sight, I get up to ask for some service. The waiter said one sec and went back to the phone. I go back to my seat. Lady waiter finally came and asked what we wanted to drink, I wanted root beer and my mom water. She then left WHILE I WAS asking if we could order food too. Another 10 minutes later tehy finally came back with a water and water-downed root beer, that the lady had to ask who got what. We asked if we could order food again, and the lady said one moment. She left. This time we only waited 5 minutes berfore we got up and asked the the staff we could be waited on. The lady (Who I now assume was the owner from how she was somewhat in charge acting...) told us to please be patient. We told her how long we've been waiting, and her reply was she didn't know, please stay. We paid for our root beer, and left.

First time we've ever been to a place and not leave a tip.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Did you ever find out what the reason was for the slowness? If there were only 3 other people in the restaurant, maybe there was some sort of emergency going on in the kitchen? Suck to think you're put off on going to a place that's got great food....mmmmmm, barbecue!!
    Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

I don't blame you for not leaving a tip on a glass of watered down root beer that you had to wait a while for. (Not to mention the general bad service.) Don't feel bad.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I never understand why restaurants cut quality of their food first when pennies pinching times comes. You just hurt your business and you'll never recover.

Some people should never run restaurants. I guess I'm lucky that I live in a place where we have alot of good restaurants and the problem is which restaurant to go to
        I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

The number one factor it comes down to when it comes to me tipping is the server's attitude. Attitude trumps even the service itself.

Comment

Working...
          X