This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It bears repeating I think.

I really want to thank the mods and Raps here for making such a great site. I am a member of several...SEVERAL messageboards, but I rarely go to them. Everytime I do its a bunch of <insert names> who insult people over the minorist detail. I once posted a thread with the simple question of when did the comic get updated. (There was NO info on it anywhere on the board). Instead of someone answering, it was flooded to three pages of people going basically
    1: When he darn well pleases!
    2: Its a FREE comic! STOP BITCHING
    3: You think its easy, YOU make a comic and post it, so we can all laugh and NOT read it!
    4: If you don't like it, you don't have to read it.

Its insane. I'm decently respectful to most posters. (I'm sure I've done some bad messages myself, but whatever).

I spend ALOT of time here. I like the stories, and most imporantly, the posters, and the Mods who are more then fair and honest in keeping the place civil. Other boards, I'm scared to goto because in some places, even a missspelling can cause doom. (IE I have NO idea what rouge is since I'm not a girl, but ROGUE is cool!) *

* I've never made that mistake, but just giving a example).
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

There are a few rules to keeping a forum a happy place. Understanding, letting others know that you're understanding, banning wankers, and - the rule that Ree taught me early on - don't sweat the small stuff.

Most of the time, if we need to deal with someone then a word in the ear suffices. It takes both sides to make it work, and generally I'm proud of the membership. Thanks for making it worthwhile.

Rapscallion

Comment

I must say, I agree. This is the best messageboard I have found online. I love hanging out here, everyone is so civil. I like all the diverse people who can still get along, and don't go flinging poo at the slightest provocation.
      Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Count me in - Raps, Mods . . .

This really is one of the best online communities I've ever been a part of.

Thank you to Raps and the Mods for helping keep things that way, and thank you to all the members for being so wonderful and supportive!!

Phoenix
        "I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons" - Douglas Adams
        "If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off . . . " - unknown

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
          ... who insult people over the minorist detail.
          Loser! "Minorist" isn't a real word! Go back to loserville, loser!

JUST KIDDING!!!

I know exactly what you mean, Plaid. I've been a member of many boards; some good, most of them bad. There have been flamewars over the slightest of comments.
          Very childish.

The MODS are doing an excellent job here. They keep the riff-raff like me in check.
          They give us the freedom to post our thoughts, but know when to step in when it's getting too heated or vulgar.

We have a huge happy family here. We play off eachother well, and we offer support and comfort when needed.
          I can't think of how many times in the past year when I would post my sob story and would receive encouraging messages in my inbox, telling me to hang in there, things will get better, from someone I never met, and probably will never meet. But those messages made me keep going, moving on, and persevering.

A big THANK YOU to the MODS and the people of this community.
          Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

I want to thank the mods here to. Awhile back, I did something totally out of place. I thought the mods handled it well... calling me out on it, but not getting hysterical. I thank them for that. It's what keeps the place going as well as it does.
            I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Working...
            X