This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong with people?

Last night, I ran to the discount market near my house, by myself, to get vinegar (not to drink) and baking soda (also not to eat). I was getting stuff to make a volcanoe with my 2 kids later. I got out of my car and I watch this lazy pig thrust her cart HARD in the parking lot. It could of hit someone or something, and working at a grocery store myself, out of habit, I ran to grab it. IT HIT ME IN THE SHIN. Then it clicked that 1. I wasn't at my job, and 2. I was wearing yoga pants and a tanktop. So I kinda went a little nuts. I started SCREAMING at this lady WHAT IN THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM? YOU WORTHLESS WHITE TRASH LAZY SLOB! YOU COULD HAVE HURT SOMEONE! This woman was well into her 30ies and should know better. She just jumped in her car and sped away SWEARING at me. I really wanted to pick up the cart and smack her in the head with it. I'm a small person (only 5 feet tall) but I guess the PMS won this time. One of the employees who saw this couldn't stop laughing and told me that I took the words out of his mouth. I felt a bit crazy, but it just is so frustrating that people are so lazy! SHE WAS PARKED RIGHT BEHIND A CART CORRAL!

PS I now have a BEAUTIFUL bruise where the bottom cart bar smashed into my leg GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I HATE YOU INCONSIDERATE PIG, WHEREVER YOU ARE!

Inconsiderate people? .... A sign has appeared in the ladies loo at work. It says "If you do number 2's, please use the BRUSH and the SPRAY." Eww! What kind of disgusting people have necessitated the placing of such a sign? Gross.

Comment

Groceryslave, you are my hero.

Sorry to hear about your bruise. Is it a painful one, or just really colorful?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
        Inconsiderate people? .... A sign has appeared in the ladies loo at work. It says "If you do number 2's, please use the BRUSH and the SPRAY." Eww! What kind of disgusting people have necessitated the placing of such a sign? Gross.
        Sorry...naive American here, but what's the brush and spray for? Here we just use toilet paper and flush the toilet.

Comment

Erin, it sounds to me like someone at One-Fang's place of work got a bit sloppy while making a deposit, thus necessitating the use of a brush to scrub things down, and spray to sweeten the air.

I walked into the ladies bathroom at my workplace once and found not only had someone unloaded quite a large amount of you know what--but had managed to clog up the toidy in the process with copious amounts of paper and then left the whole mess to back up all over the floor. It was fun, fun, fun cleaning up. Not my job really, but I wasn't going to leave that mess and have the next person blame it on ME. I had to scrub up three times after that, and finally ended up going home to change my clothes and shoes. Eesh.
          I never did find out who did it, but have my suspicions that it's the same person who left a gi-normous wad of chewing gum underneath one of the steel processing bins (I work in a food production plant), not once but TWICE. GREAT sanitary procedure!

Groceryslave, hope your leg is healing up and you're feeling okay. At least you'll lose the bruise eventually--that SC will be an SC until she dies, no doubt. That woman was a real loser!

Comment

My bruise is pretty. It's the kind that started out as a dent that has yet to turn much color. just a little blue.

Comment

Quoth Erin View Post
              Sorry...naive American here, but what's the brush and spray for? Here we just use toilet paper and flush the toilet.
              Imagining using a brush on the body. Ewww!

Oh that's right, you yanks squat over a massive lake of water, right? Our toilets are filled up maybe two or three inches at the bottom, that's it. That's all you need. But it does mean that some ... uh ... 'explosive' deposits can leave remnants on the wall of the bowl that don't get flushed away. And it's not just about the wall, under the water there can also be 'evidence'.

I just can't imagine walking away from a loo leaving behind the obvious visual evidence of what I've been doing there for someone else to see. Gross!! And to make it worse, the existence of the sign implies that this is a lesson that needs to be learnt. Sometimes you forget to check, we're all human, but I can't see a sign going up because someone saw poo once. It's been somebody's habit. Yuk.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                Imagining using a brush on the body. Ewww!
                The Romans used sponges on sticks. There was a report - probably scurrilous but we'll never know - that a centurion suffocated on one.

Rapscallion

Comment

and you didn't shove the cart as hard as you could into her car because...???

ah, it was probably a POS anyways... one of those cars where if you write it off, the damage to the cart costs more, unless the tank is full... am I right?
                  free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

Groceryslave, I have had people roll their carts hard at me when i was collecting carts, and i've been hit many times. People laugh when they do hit me, glad to see you stood up to that inconsiderate hag.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                      The Romans used sponges on sticks. There was a report - probably scurrilous but we'll never know - that a centurion suffocated on one.

Rapscallion
                      A condemned man committed suicide by shoving the stick-and-sponge bum-wipe down his throat, choking himself to death before the lions got him. Presumably to add extra seasoning.
                      "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

The question posed by this thread is entirely too broad. It should read:

What isn't wrong with people?

We all won't die of old age before we answer the other one...
                        Last edited by phillippbo; 08-22-2006, 06:32 PM.
                        ...don't you know the first law of physics? "Anything that's fun costs at least $8.00."
                        - Cartman

Comment

When I saw the thread title, my immediate thought was "now *there's* a hole with no bottom".

Then I started trying to remember the theme song for "Neverending Story".

"Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                          X