This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I KNOW you didn't customer

At my pharmacy I go down to the surgery each day and collect prescriptions that people have asked us to collect. Once I'm back in the Pharmacy I put the scripts into alphabetical order to make it easier for the other staff to search for a name. This means I pretty much know exactly who has been collected that day and for at least the first hour after I get back in store I can tell a customer without needing to look if their script has arrived.

I got back into the store today at 12:50 and once I'd sorted and counted the scripts it was about 1:05 when I served this lady

Her: Yes I'd like to collect my prescription please. My name is J.Boon
    Me: Ah that one came up just now so it will be about 5 mintues.
    Her: No I did not
    Me...I'm sorry?
    Her: It did not come up just now
    Me: It did ma'am I collected the scripts about 10 mintues ago and I only had one letter B surname which was Boon
    Her: No It didn't you're wrong
    Me: ok well it will be 5 minutes please take a seat

At this point I was going to just write her off as a bit of a nutty one and move on but as I walked away she turned sucky

Her: Excuse me! can you accept that you're wrong before you walk away from me
    Me: I'm not wrong ma'am I collected your script 10 minutes ago
    Her: Well how can you be so damned sure?
    Me: Yours was the only surname starting with the letter B. I file the scripts by surname in alphabetical order so when there's letters missing or just one it shows up.
    Her: ~silent for a few minutes~ You're a god damned liar.

At this point my manager came out with her script and showed her where it clearly had the doctors date and time as being printed at 12:30 today. The surgery is only a 10 minute walk making the timing exactly as I'd said.
    She didn't even apologise just walked out huffing.

I get quite a lot of customers who seem to think I tell people things for the fun of it.

That used to happen to my husband. He took charge of organizing inventory in his store, and knew it so well, that when someone called to ask for something, he could tell them, with about 99+% accuracy and without referencing the computer, if it was in stock.

People used to get pissy and ask for the manager (he was ASM) if he answered without pausing to look. And invariably the manager would say, "If he says we don't have it/do have it, then we don't/do. He would know."

(Only time he's ever been wrong was when the game came in just before shift, and he got the call before he got to check the new games and put them away. )
    Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth dizzy_starshine View Post

Her: Excuse me! can you accept that you're wrong before you walk away from me
      Me: I'm not wrong ma'am I collected your script 10 minutes ago
      Her: Well how can you be so damned sure?
      Me: Yours was the only surname starting with the letter B. I file the scripts by surname in alphabetical order so when there's letters missing or just one it shows up.
      Her: ~silent for a few minutes~ You're a god damned liar.
      I think this is one of those argumentitive people that just can't accept the fact their THEIR wrong.
      MMO Addicts group

Comment

Are you sure that nobody on this site has accidentally married all their customers in a bizarre alternate universe? Because that sounds more like an angry spouse than a customer to me!
        My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

So what if you are lying? It's still going to be 5 min. Geez, lady...
          The icon is a bunny with a spiked collar from some carpet ad.

Comment

Working...
          X