This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the midst of annoyance, a good deed was done

Spoke with someone who's flight was diverted to another city due to severe thunderstorms at the destination airport, it was a packed flight and a lot of people were now going to miss connecting flights. Since they were on the ground but in essence residents of the airplane until cleared to take off again, cell phone use was permitted. The gentleman who called me got his flights rearranged and then went back from first class where he was seated with his cell phone with an offer to assist anyone with changing their flights. The weather event was massive and dozens of flights were diverted for quite some time, as a result, several hundred calls were waiting on queue. This gentleman used 45 minutes of his airtime (roaming, no doubt) while I changed the itineraries of everyone on that flight in one phone call. He didn't have to do that since his return home was assured, but he didn't hang up until every single person on that flight was accomodated onto another connecting flight from the hub city they were diverted from.

Bravo Mr. First class passenger! You didn't ask for compensation, but you got something from me and the airline I work for anyways
    up, up and away!

yeah!

So great to hear that good people still exsist.

Comment

Wow. What a nice guy. Glad there are still people like him around in the world. What did ge get for being so nice if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

A true courteous gentleman. Quite the endangered species now.

*gets out binoculars and notbook*
        "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
          Wow. What a nice guy. Glad there are still people like him around in the world. What did ge get for being so nice if you don't mind me asking?

Free trip to the mile high club? *Ducks*

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
            Free trip to the mile high club? *Ducks*
            Over the phone? That'd be something to see. Maybe from a greatful fellow-passenger though? *Ducks as well*
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
            X