X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just want to...

I just want to be bad....at work.

I want to call in sick and see how everyone else feels without me around to train handfulls of new people. I have been stuck with other shifts' trainees as well because their trainers don't feel like changing their shift to conform to their trainees or their boss won't allow them to change it or the hiring department won't schedule them the same day as their trainers. So not only do I have 5 or 6 trainees for me, I get 3 or 4 from another shift.

I want to just take a day off with just the minimum allowed notice. Make everyone scramble around to try and find someone to replace me and train my newbies. Everyone is always screaming "I'm not getting paid for this, I'm not doing this!"

I want to for once just get up on a table in front of all my trainees and scream "You know what? Shut the fuck up. Forty hour work weeks aren't jack shit. I've been working 48-56 hour work weeks for almost 6 months. Stop your bitching! You don't even have to do overtime! You think this is hard? Then get the fuck out! And you......you're so stupid you can't even count. Go back to elementary school. I'm paid to teach you how to operate machines, NOT how to count from 1-100! You've been here for 2 weeks and still don't know where we meet every night? You're just stupid. I never told you the wrong room. You are just STUPID!"

I want to tell at my coworkers "How the FUCK do you expect me to get ANYTHING done with so many trainees who need help every 5 minutes? I CANNOT run my own machine for more than 5 minutes without getting pulled away. DEAL with it. I've already bitched about having too many trainees. They didn't listen to me. Maybe they'll listen to you. Maybe if you'd get off your fat ass and volunteer to answer a few questions they have, I'd be able to get back to work faster. Instead of me having to help 5 people at once, I could help 3 and you could help 2."

Sorry for that epic bitchy rant, but wow. I just wanna be bad and screw everyone over like they do to me.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Quoth blas87 View Post
    I just want to be bad....at work.

I want to call in sick and see how everyone else feels without me around to train handfulls of new people.

*snip*

I want to just take a day off with just the minimum allowed notice.

*snip*

Sorry for that epic bitchy rant, but wow. I just wanna be bad and screw everyone over like they do to me.
    I'm not saying that what I'm about to suggest would be particularly wise, but I'd say . . . do it.

A while back, the front end of my store was severely understaffed/trained. We had multiple call-ins on a daily basis from newbs who were mad because they got scheduled to work the weekend. And the song played was always "Hey, LB, someone called in, can you stay late/come in early/come in even though it's your day off?"

And for a while, I did. Until it got to be ritual. And I was always, ALWAYS at the flippin' service desk, which I hate. One night, after not leaving until an hour and a half past when I was supposed to because some little shit said that she did the re-shops when all she did was push the cart into the middle of the store and then go home, and getting no help whatsoever doing said re-shops from management, I took a leave of absence. When I came back, guess what? They had hired new, competent cashiers! Which meant that the front end would be covered without using me like a doormat. And also, they had finally trained two more people on the service desk, meaning I wasn't stuck running it every single day.

Like I said, this might be a little bit reckless, but they might not realize how they're taking you for granted until you're not there to fix everyone else's problems.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I need to learn to say no as well. I think my supervisor has been guilting me into takihn extra shifts (She usually calls me to go on break with her for a smoke - well, she smokes, I dont - and then bemoans having not enough people (SHE does the schedule, not me!) and stuff in front of me. I'm really trying to learn to say no.)

I'd do it.
      Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

I'd do it as long as everything was done to make sure you were within your work guidelines so you don't get dinged by management.
        Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

I'm not exactly sure how I can take a leave when I have no real medical problems, no family emergencies, etc etc..........

I'm not the only one who feels this way. All the trainers do. We have all banned together and we're sick of this mass hiring and we're sick of it all.

The whole factory is sick of the overtime. We should all refuse to do it. What are they gonna do, fire 1,500 people and replace them ALL with temps?
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Your mental health is just as important as your physical, though it's kind of hard to get by on that one, proving that you NEED time away without sounding like you have mental problems. If that made sense . . .

In other words, I guess, mental health matters a lot, but not to employers
            The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I'd love to do the exact same thing. Working in the only job in the store that has any real accountability sucks.

It gets sickening after a while to come in to a task list two full pages long and hear the floor people saying "I don't feel like doing this. I don't feel like doing that. I don't wanna do that. I'm tired. That isn't my job. I'll take care of it on the weekend. Maybe." That's why our task list is two pages long--everything the floor people don't want to do gets bounced over to us.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                I'm not exactly sure how I can take a leave when I have no real medical problems, no family emergencies, etc etc..........
                A nasty head cold\minor throat infection is good for a few days R&R, especially in a job that requires clear communication skills.

Prep the day before;
                Blow your nose a lot, use normal tissues\hankies - your nose will get that slightly reddened look to it.
                Come lunchtime start coughing, multiple small coughs together works better.
                If you can get a bit of a raspy tinge to your voice by late afternoon that's brilliant, lower the pitch of your voice a little and speak from your nose.
                If you're a morning person really cut back on the amount of fluids you drink that evening as well - it'll make you sound like crap next day.
                Set your alarm a little later than normal so you can phone in when you wake up, not many people sound good 5 minutes after the stark realisation of another day.

Keep it simple, for a couple of days off Slight fever, sore throat and coughing will do just fine, just tell them you dosed up with Ibuprofen\paracetamol (Tylenol), stayed warm and drank lots of fluids - that's all a Doctor or Pharmacist would say.
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Food Poisoning is a good stand-by. Unless it is severe, usually you're down for about 24-hours, then fine again. Sudden onset works for those last minute call offs, and everyone knows you're not fit to go into work. Just make sure you're going to spend the night in drinking fluids.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                  X