This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's how much we charge.

I went to Staples to ship a 4lb box(not very big at all) and 2 others that are less than 2lbs and the size of a large shoe box.. I have to be at work across the street in 45min, surely it can't take that long...
    I come in and I fill out these forms on their computer that takes about 10min. The employee takes the bigger box, measures it, weighs it and keys in some stuff. The box is going to MI, and the other two to Europe. She takes the other two boxes and weighs and mesures them.

The whole process takes 15 minutes for her to complete. She asks me if I want to overnight it, 2 day or no time preference. I chose the no time preference option for all 3. She keys away .....

She says,"Ok your total is $325.00" I'm like WTF?!?! I asked her how that was possible and she said,"The bog box is $161" The other 2 were about equal in price. I asked her how it was possible for the big box going to MI. She said customs and that they mark it up, no... this one is going to MI.. she still claims it goes through customs and the rest was the shipping charge they added. I asked her to review the information in a normal non threatning tone and she did and it seemed right. I'm sorry but I'd rather drive the package myself to MI than pay that much.

I asked her if there is anyone else that can help me and she gets snappy,"My manager isn't going to give you a discount." to which I reply,"I know that that box cannot possibly that much." I'm not looking for a discount, I'm looking for somone that knows what they're doing.. I gathered my boxes, put them back in the car and was late to work.

The next day I went by Staples and the total shipping cost was about $39 for all 3 boxes. Turns out that she measured the boxes in inches but put it as feet on the computer or that's what I was told by another employee who helped her clear out the order.

I know people get crappy training, but her attitude sucked!

That person must not know the globe that well, I am usually the backup ship center person if the copy center is busy.

Comment

Wow. What a WONDERFUL woman. /sarcasm

Ha ha. I guess you did end up with a "discount" after all.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Same kind of person that thinks that New Mexico is not a state.

Just admit your mistake and get it fixed. Unbelieveable!
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Or someone who thinks Connecticut is north of Massachusetts, or Japan is in Florida (I know one of those people!)

Comment

As a shipping clerk for five years I never...

heard such a ridiculus price for shipping three boxes (325 bucks, wow)and customs for domestic shipping unbeleivable. I guess she needs to go back to school and relearn geography not mention some math wouldn't help maybe even some computer skills too. Anyway glad you knew she didn't know what she was doing and went back the next day to be helped by someone who know what they were doing.
            Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
            My space
            Facebook

Comment

...And that rediculously high price didn't even make her do a double take to see if there was a mistake made?
              Lovely.

Comment

What an idiot! I guess some retraining is in order (evil CSDrone thinks a polite note to management praising shipper #2 and discussing "training issues" with shipper #1 is a good idea).

Comment

Working...
                X