Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sorry, I can't bend quite that far...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry, I can't bend quite that far...

Yesterday, work, sick (and slowly getting sicker). Shortly after my customer in the "most pathetic attempt at a scam" thread, I had an old lady come through my line, and ask if I could price match some high-ticket item we had with Jo Ann fabrics, who has it for roughly half the price of our's on sale.
    RJ: "I can, but I'd need you to bring in their circular, and it has to be in there for that price."
    CW (crazy woman): "It's not in the circular. It's an in-store price."
    RJ: "Then I can't do it."
    CW: "You'd lose a customer for that?"
    RJ: "For half the price we are selling something that is already on sale? With no proof to back it up? Yes. Yes I would. Door's to MY left, your front." (not really what I said, but a girl can dream, no?)
    "I call murder on that!"

What the hell?

"yeah, no really, joanns is selling the cricut for 11 dollars. No HONEST! it is....."
    you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Why don't people go to the damn place that the item was cheapest at! Instead of wasting people's time!

Comment

Why don't people go to the damn place that the item was cheapest at! Instead of wasting people's time!
        'Cause it would make make too much dang sense. Sucky customers have a logic all their own...
        "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

I know in order for a customer to see if an item is cheaper is to go to other stores and compare but sometimes its better to just shut up and go back to the store instead of embarassing the clerk like that.

Comment

I hate price matching nowadays its a horrible system that encourages suckiness. I figure someone figured hey if decided if they did price matching more likely people would spend money in their store cause of course when your in the store you always see something you need.

Comment

Ah the joys of being able to say, to any such request, "Sorry, we don't do price matching." End of conversation.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I hate price matching. The nice thing about working in printing is that I don't have to do that any more. No more sucky customers for me anymore. *Sigh* If only that were true.

Comment

Both retail companies that I worked for did not price match.

Most were ok about that, I say most.....

One chap stated we had a sign up saying we price match (no such sign, I think he needed to visit our opticians, not the pharmacy)

One customer argued with me for 20mins that we did. We didn't.
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I sometimes ask if a store price matches, because I would rather give that particular store my business.

For instance, Wal-Mart had BioShock on sale for $39.99 which is $10.00 cheaper than normal. I was in Target looking at their games and asked an associate if they price matched.
                    I love Target (Well, as compared to Wally World) and would much rather spend my money there.
                    But they don't price match. I didn't throw a hissy fit, didn't complain. I also didn't go to Wally World either. LOL I'll wait til Target has it on sale.

I hate Wal-Mart.
                    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Working...
                    X