This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She broke it and tried to walk away

Yesterday, I took one of my watches in for a battery change. The lady had a heck of time getting the back off, but I wasn't in a hurry, so I waited. Then she had a heck of time getting it back together. This still wasn't a problem.

What was a problem was when she handed my watch back after I paid for the battery change. She hands it back and tells me it's time for her to leave and starts to walk off.

I look at my watch and pieces are missing from the band, the pieces not missing are bent to heck, this is NOT how the watch was when I gave it to her.

So, I stop her and she apologizes for not setting the time. I told her that is not the problem, since I can easily set the time myself, the problem is how my band now looks.

She rolls her eyes and takes it from me. I see her messing with it for awhile and she comes over and tells me they have to send it out for a new band, since the band is damaged beyond repair. I asked her if they didn't have any bands there, since I was surrounded by watches, but she told me they don't sell bands.

She told me they are going to replace the band free of charge to me. She said this like she was doing me a huge favor. I told her fine, but I was thinking I would hope they would replace my band free of charge, since she is the one who broke it.

I was told it would be in next week. Now, I do have another watch I can wear, but it's my special occasion watch and not one that I would normally wear every day. Yes, I have a special occasion watch.

The thing that annoyed me is that she handed my watch back like I wouldn't notice or wouldn't care that the band is missing pieces and bent and tried to walk away like it was no big deal.

The fact that she got annoyed that I wouldn't accept my watch back in that condition.

The fact that she acted like she was doing me a huge favor by having it sent out for a new band free of charge.

All I wanted was a simple battery change.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

How the heck did she mangle the band just by changing the battery? She must have been really ham-fisted (and why is she in that department if she is?). You might want to talk to the manager about her lack of ability at watch repair -- and check the inside of your watch as well, to make sure she didn't break anything else!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Mis, that sucks. I can't believe that woman.

Did you mention anything to a managerial type, by chance?

Oh, and let us know if you do end up getting charged for the new band!
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I did wonder why she didn't call another person over when I saw she was having a hard time changing the battery, but I figured she must know what she is doing, since she works in the watch dept.

I didn't talk to a manager, since she offered to replace the band.

It's only a Timex, so it's not an expensive watch, but it does have sentamental value to me.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
          It's only a Timex, so it's not an expensive watch, but it does have sentamental value to me.
          Ah, Timex... I have fond memories of that brand. Well, okay, not fond... but memories. Plenty of memories. Good luck on the watch band, and I'd mention something to management if only to keep others from having to deal with her.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Awhile ago, I went in to get my watch. They had lost it, could I come back in another week? I was steamed, but let it go.

I got a note in the mail that my watch was ready, so my husband went in yesterday to pick it up.

He told me when he went in and they handed it to him the band was still bent to heck, but the missing pieces were fixed.

He pointed this out to the saleslady, so she gets an identical watch from the case and swaps out the bands and is going to send that watch out for repair, so I finally have my watch back, after nearly a month.

He told me they couldn't answer why they couldn't have done that earlier and save us the trouble.

Comment

Working...
            X