This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic E-mail Fail

or "Why a store in my district will soon be looking for a new price accuracy person"

The price accuracy people at all the stores in the company have taken to e-mailing each other through the company intranet, discussing different topics like how they prep ads, how their managers help out if they do, and other random stuff.

One of the price accuracy people from a store in my district sent a rather colorful response to every single store in the company. Here's my rough paraphrase of it, except for the swears and near-swears which are reported as they occurred:

"I wonder what would happen if I sent a note up to Signing explaining that I actually have a damn job to do? I had 40 ad corrections and new signs downloaded yesterday and you have no idea how hard it is to put them up in a store that is completely packed and you are being pestered by customers who are only looking for help. I mean, I have to do all this work because corporate decided to lower the price on a friggin relaxation fountain by one friggin dollar. This proves my point that those jackasses (referring to corporate) have no friggin idea what it's like to work on the floor."

Now I set ads myself and I admit it's frustrating to have to deal with corrections and clarifications and new signs which make you wonder which price is correct. But you gotta admit it's pretty stupid to send out an e-mail like that, especially on the company intranet which corporate can monitor and to every price management team in the company, which means they're forwarding the e-mail to corporate hoping to score some brownie points.

You just know the person who wrote that absolutely hates their job. At least they won't be stuck in that job they hate for too long.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily
Working...
X