X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People Lose control when they see someone famous

Hey all

long time no see but i'm back now. I just had 2 weeks of LOOONG days with early call times along with things like my publicity stills and what have you done, but this story relates to the last week, which i spent traveling with 2 other people from work making personal apperances (well i didn't, but the people i was with were). now i know our firends in the UK Love neighbours. I know they don't get much of a chance to meet the stars. but please people keep control. please don't grab the actors - one i travelled with got badly bruised when a lady grabbed him from in front of the desk.

also there is nothing more sad than a 30+ year old women in tears cos her fav star is there...

i'll hahve more tales soon

I can believe it. My SIL, her dad, and a good family friend have all worked in movie theaters for years. They have also all attended Movie Premiers in LA many times (the Mann Chinese usually). Her dad still attends (normally he's the one who sets up the film, and operates the projector). They have also gotten big name stars at their respective theaters here at home as well. And they all agree, that people get stupid dumb when it comes to celebs.
    My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Yep, I've seen the idiocy a few times as well. *sigh*
      They're just people for cripes sake. They just happen to have a job that puts them out in front of the world- and a much better make-up artist than the rest of us.
      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
      HellGate: London

Comment

To be fair, though, I know plenty of very sensible, normal people who would throw everything away for a few moments in the vicinity of Harold Bishop...

Me non rogo, hic modo laboro.

Comment

A few days ago me and my bro saw elijah wood at the theater and boy do people go crazy when they see a celeb.

While at the concession stand, 20 people came up to him and kept asking for pictures and were actually grabbing at him before some ushers broke it up. Then while the movie was going many people where asking him for autographs

I just don't get it, I understand that you may never see them again, but people should understand that they also want to have a quiet dinner and watch a movie in peace.
          Last edited by Think Blue; 08-25-2006, 07:56 PM. Reason: 30 is not 20
          KAHN: I thought being smart person in Texas set her apart.

KAHN: If my girl doesn't wrestle, I'll show you who put the sue in Souphanousinphone!

Comment

heh, i was listening to a podcast and they mentioned their friend who was a famous speaker didnt even go out any more due to being mobbed like a rock star, their words
            its sick

Comment

I could've met the band members of Linkin Park once. But the theater I worked at didn't need me to come in that day to work. So I didn't go in. They came in that day. I admit...I probably would've left the register I was at and shove a pen and paper towards them followed by a "Can I have your autograph?" And ramblings on how I couldn't wait for their concert that I was going to attend.

We had that Dog Bounty Hunter guy come into my walmart one summer. Some people were excited and told me about it. My reaction was...

Who?

However, I didn't witness any crazy people. After reading the articles about the trouble that guy and his son caused in my city...I can see why. His son apparently punched a hotel manager in the face.

Comment

Thankfully, not a lot of people notice when FITNESS CELEBRITY JOHN BASEDOW comes in.

And for those who are wondering: yes, his hair is that horrible in real life.

Comment

I did once embarass myself royally in front of The Rock. I was at a show he was at, and when he walked over to me, the first thing I blurted out was "I don't understand why people think you're so hot!" Fortunately, I had plenty of time to run away while he was still laughing...

I did lose it the time I saw Kamala the Ugandan Giant. His nakedness had a lot to do with it, though.
                  "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Picture a very drunk kiwi, throughly enjoying her self at a nightclub in Vancouver, having been to a hockey game the night before (we won) GO CANUCKS!

Marcus Nusland (team captain was there) and had to endure a very drunk but VERY excited kiwi stand about a metre away and scream, his wife wasnt impressed...yikes

OMG YOUR MARCUS NUSLAND!!!

well at least I have the decency to be ashamed of myself he took it very well, gave me and my friends a hug and sent us off to the dance floor to burn off some of the alcohol

still it made my week! hehe I still get all excited thinking about it... well it was marucs nusland people !!!!
                    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post

still it made my week! hehe I still get all excited thinking about it... well it was marucs nusland people !!!!

That is quite neat that you got to meet him! I'm sure that he's use to it I've dealt with many celebrities in my workplaces (including Canucks players), and I have yet to witness someone go nuts over them *knocks on wood*. Granted, as soon as I am done with them, at least one colleague swings by to get the scoop (I tend to be guilty of such things myself, though).
                      -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                      -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Before I worked at the hardware store, I was a photographer, mostly for bands (Some local, some famous, so I've met my share of celebs). One night after a concert for a local band, I got invited to the after party (one of the nice perks of the job) at a club in the Inner Harbor of Baltimore. I was on the roof looking at the amazing views. My friends had just gone inside to get more drinks. So this guy walks up to me, introduces himself (first name only). We end up staying on the roof talking almost till last call. At this point I'm pretty drunk. We walk inside, I turn to look at him and end up screaming OMG YOUR *FIRSTLASTNAME* FROM *FAMOUS BAND*. My friends all start cracking up and he gives me this look. It was dark outside so I didnt recognize him and when I finally I did I was so drunk and I really liked him that I just kinda lost it. We're friends now but he said that he wasn't gonna every talk to me again because he thought I was crazy.

Comment

In my time on this Earth, I have met and even (somewhat) befriended some famous people, from locally to internationally known. I am not saying I am buddy-buddy with most of them. But NightAngel is correct: They are just people, like you and me. Some of them happen to think their shiit don't stink and they are better than the rest of us because of what they do. But in my experience, they are as humble and down to earth as you and me.

From sports stars (Joe Dumars from Detroit Pistons, 1991 - classiest gentlemen I have ever met and had the privilege to talk to and hang out with for a day), wrestling stars, movie and television stars, NASCAR and INDY drivers and owners, local and national politicians; They are people, (mostly) normal people like you and me (ok, like you. I'm not normal ).

I can't think of any celebrity that would make me freak out if s/he came into the room right now. Maybe Hulk Hogan, because he was my idol growing up in the 80's. And maybe Jessica Alba because she wants to have my babies.
                          Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Quoth PhotoChick View Post
                            We're friends now but he said that he wasn't gonna every talk to me again because he thought I was crazy.
                            If I had a dollar for every time someone said that to me, I'd have...quite a few dollars.

I've tried being "normal". It doesn't work for me. I get soooooooooo boring.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I had always thought that meeting celebs was no big deal; I never thought I'd react weirdly.

Then the day came that I met Aerosmith's lead guitarist Joe Perry.

My knees turned to jello - my friend had to hold me up so I wouldn't collapse and the only thing I could think to say to him was, "Can I take you home with me?"

Yeah, felt like a fool but I'd never have forgiven myself if I hadn't tried!
                              The customer is always right until I decide he isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X