Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few quick observations from my road trip..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few quick observations from my road trip..

Sorry for the long post folks...

People are pigs no matter where you go. The SO and I took in the Grand Canyon on the first day of our trip. We spotted litter in the park on several occasions. I've never been one to litter, but even if one was inclined to litter how can they do it at a place like that? No wonder why folks have to pay $25 to get in.

I saw tagging in one of the bathrooms at Zion National Park. Once again, you would think that people would get the urge to not tag. It wasn't the cutesy type of "ladodger34 was here" type of tagging either. Note: I don't condone any type of tagging.

People will still park like a-holes, even at a national monument. We stopped by the Little Bighorn Battlefield and some jackass decided to park in the middle of two spots. From what I could tell, they were able bodied adults. In other words, it wasn't necessary. Parking is usually pretty limited at national parks and monuments.

At Custer State Park in SD and at Yellowstone, some drivers were quite rude. I figure if I'm going through a state or national park, I want to take everything thing and drive the speed limit on the roads. You never know when you are going to come upon a nice picture opportunity or some wildlife. Other people apparently want to ride your butt and pass you at the first opportunity.

Giving crap to fast food workers is still fair game, even in a place like Williston, ND. We stopped by a Hardee's to get breakfast on our way out of ND and some evil biatch tells the young lady working at the register "HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO PUT TWO SANDWICHES IN BAG?" Now to be honest, I don't know how long the lady was waiting and the place didn't seem to be the most organized joint in the world. Still, she could have asked the girl nicely about the holdup.

Hey Ladodger did you see any stupid yahoos trying to to feed the buffalo while you were in Custer State Park? Buffalo just love to squish yahoos, it gives them a break from squishing prairie puppies.
    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

You went through all of the parks that I have lived near in my life. I was born near Custer's last battle. I lived for a long time not too far from Yellowstone, and I lived in Utah not too far from Zion's.

Comment

Hey, I was in Williston all of last week and you didn't come to say hi.
        "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Quoth ladodger34 View Post
          At Custer State Park in SD and at Yellowstone, some drivers were quite rude. I figure if I'm going through a state or national park, I want to take everything thing and drive the speed limit on the roads. You never know when you are going to come upon a nice picture opportunity or some wildlife. Other people apparently want to ride your butt and pass you at the first opportunity.
          80% of all drivers consider themselves above-average drivers. Nothing breeds entitlement like considering oneself to be better than everyone else.
          "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
          -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Working...
          X