This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Scenarios Both Annoying!

Background: I work in a customer service center for a real estate company.
    My job is to direct complaints to the regional managers, give out phone number for our offices because I don't have the ability to transfer.
    I also have information on our promotional programs and do data entry. PHYSIC POWERS DID NOT COME WITH THE HEAD SET!!!My number is free in both Australia and New Zealand.

Scenario 1:

Me: <Insert standard polite greeting including "customer service center" and "company name" not including location>
    SC: Is this "Office in specific suburb"
    Me: No Its not. I can give you that number...
    SC: But this is the number on the website/ In the phone book / the operator gave me!!! Why arent you "specific office"
    Me: I can give you the number
    SC: Can you transfer me?
    Me: No im sorry i dont have that ability i can give you the number!

At this point 1 of 2 things usually happen:

SC: Fine then. This is very annoying!
    Me: The number is 1234 5678
    SC: *Hangs up without saying thanks or goodbye*

OR
    SC: Its ok I "found it"
    Me: Ok then ha..
    SC: *Hangs up in the middle of my sentance without saying goodbye*

OK for a start we have 700 offices WORLD WIDE. My number does not come up for EVERY single office. I know I have actually checked. Look a little harder!

Scenario 2:

Me: <Insert standard polite greeting including "customer service center" and "company name" not including location>
    SC: I need to speak to Jane
    Me: You will need to call the Office that Jane works at directly. Do you know which office that is?

Ok the 2 most common things that happen are:

SC: Is this "Office in specific suburb"
    Me: No Its not. I can give you that number...
    SC: But this is the number on the website/ In the phone book / the operator gave me!!! Why arent you "specific office"
    Me: I can give you the number
    SC: Can you transfer me?
    Me: No im sorry i dont have that ability i can give you the number!
    SC: Fine then. This is very annoying!
    Me: The number is 1234 5678
    SC: *Hangs up without saying thanks or goodbye*

OR

SC: This office, your "company name' Right?
    ME: Im "company name" customer service not an office. Which office does jane work out of?
    SC: I dont know ummm dammit i have no idea
    ME: Ok whats Janes Surname
    SC:... Surname?
    ME: Her last name?
    SC: Oh I dont know it starts with s or c or something
    Me: Ok unless I know the office or the surname I cant give you a number. Do you know what suburb so i can look up the closest
    SC: "suburb" What a pain
    Me: *Looks up office gives number:
    SC: *hangs up again without saying goodbye*

KNOW WHO YOU ARE CALLING DAMMIT and KNOW WHERE YOU ARE CALLING!!!

*deep breath* bad day had to get that off my chest!

oh, I know exactly how you feel. This happens a lot when I take gen res overflow (worst calls imaginable)

me- thank you for calling the (brand they called) reservation line, this is smileyeagle speaking, may I ask with whom I'm speaking.
    sc- yes, this is dumbass, can you connect me to the (insert location)
    me- I'm sorry, I don't have the ability to do outbound transfers to our hotels (not entirely true, I have the ability to, but I'm only supposed to do that if the hotel transfered the call to us first and even then we should try to get the person to just call back rather than transfer), if you'd like I can assist at that location or get you the direct number.
    sc- what's their 800 number?
    me- I'm sorry they don't have an 800 number, only a local number.
    sc- well you're useless, if I wanted to call long distance I would have just used the number on the website.
    me- well was there anything I can do to assist at that location?
    sc- I doubt it.
    me- well let me try, worst case is your out a few seconds of time.
    sc- fine, what I need is for them to look up my reservation, but I don't have a confirmation number and I need my confirmation email resent (or some other scarily simple task that a new hire on their first day on the phones could handle with confidence).
    me- ok can I get the spelling of your last name and check in date?
    sc- that's d-u-m-b-a-s-s and i'm checking in on (date)
    me- ok, give me just a second *enters info* ok, I have you staying at (location) for (dates) in (room) at (rate). Your confirmation number is 6xxxxxxx and what email address would you like that sent to?

I just love how stupid they feel that they thought I couldn't do it and I did it in seconds, very satisfying feeling.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
      oh, I know exactly how you feel. This happens a lot when I take gen res overflow (worst calls imaginable)
      <snip>
      I just love how stupid they feel that they thought I couldn't do it and I did it in seconds, very satisfying feeling.
      I wish I could do stuff like that I but I have lots of access to useless stuff and no access to useful stuff
      Last edited by Broomjockey; 01-31-2008, 04:54 AM. Reason: no need to quote entire post

Comment

Working...
      X