X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news and good news

First, the bad news.

My boss got a better job. He didn't even tell us. We figured it out for ourselves when we saw his job position on the wall, replacing the one that had previously been up for a first shift supervisor job.

This really sucks. Ya know, we may have had our troubles and I have gotten in my own fair share of trouble with him, but I would still never want another boss. He's been my same boss since I first got hired. Say what you will about how he handled DipShit and the women, but he is really, truly a great guy. And he worked his way up legitimately from a pee-on years ago to a boss. And he believes strongly in teamwork.

I don't want another boss. I do however, understand that 3rd shift sucks, and getting the chance to work better hours that work better for you, your health (sleeping like a normal person at NIGHT for once!) and your family is a chance worth taking. Hell, if I could have 1st shift, I'd take it in a heartbeat!

I give him my full support and respect, but I will still miss him and I'm petrified over who is going to replace him. Hopefully not some raving jerk or bitch. And definetly hopefully NOT the one room runner who keeps interfering with my training. If he gets the job, I will have no choice BUT to demote myself so that he cannot have the power to fire me if I choose training over my own work.

I'm very scared......so nervous...

BUT...to the good news!

One of my own is hoping to get the trainer position that's now opened up since Alice* demoted herself. This girl is AMAZING. Alice was her first trainer, but since she's mastered so many things, so fast, she's been put with me and she's blown my mind as well!

This girl is just the sweetest, cutest little thing. Just a dear and a loving person. She is 18 years old, works 3rd shift, and then goes to high school all day, and still manages to be on top of everything! She has this amazing ability to master anything and everything you can throw at her. She asked me to help her fill out her application. She just got hired on as an official employee.......while she may be lacking experience as far as tenure at this place....this girl is on FIRE with skill and knowledge!

I wish her nothing but the best of luck. I am behind her 100%!!!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Maybe it won't be so bad. Any reason why you couldn't put in for the position? I know being in charge comes with its own headaches; however, there is a lot to be said for calling the shots.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Working...
    X