X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT? No chicken?

Yeah I have another one.

We went to the state fair today and there was a stand there which sold burgers, hot dogs, A&W stuff and KFC. Well, they ran out of KFC.

There was this older guy who was in line and started SCREAMING at the ladies behind the counter about how could they advertise KFC and not have it, it was false advertising, he'd find out who owned the kiosk and sue, etc. for a good 10 minutes.

All the poor lady behind the counter told his was that they were making up a new batch and it would be ready in about 20 minutes.

What got me about this was that 20 minutes isn't that big of a deal to wait for fresh fried chicken. Also, this was at a state FAIR. There are at least 50 vendors out there who sell other food. If he wanted KFC that bad, he could have gone to get that anytime - maybe it's just me, but I'd rather try fair food - you know, stuff you can't usually get every day?

In any case, it really wasn't worth the hissy fit over some fried chicken.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not even sure about the universe.
    --attributed to Albert Einstein

Aaaaw, poor baby has to wait 20 minutes for fresh chicken. When are people going to learn that throwing a hissy fit accomplishes nothing other than making them look like asses? Dude, you're at a fair. Shut up and eat some fried dough.
    "Penny Lou Pingleton, you are absolutely, positively, permanently punished! You will live on a diet of saltines and tang, and you'll never leave this room again....Devil child! Devil child!"

Comment

Or better yet...EAT WOOD CHIPPER DEATH!!!!!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

...mmmmmm.......
        elephant ears with raspberry jam and milkshakes from the dairy maids.........

Damn, I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it to the State Fair this year

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
          ...mmmmmm.......
          elephant ears with raspberry jam and milkshakes from the dairy maids.........

(
          Indian fry bread, those twisty fried potatoes and funnel cakes... and don't forget fried twinkies and oreos. DH loves the shaved ice and of course DD wants the cotton candy. I think I'm going to explode from all the fried goodness.
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not even sure about the universe.
          --attributed to Albert Einstein

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
            ...mmmmmm.......
            elephant ears with raspberry jam
            Please PLEASE tell me this is the name of a pastry I don't know about.
            I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

elephant ears, funnel cakes, fried bread, etc.... are pretty much the same thing. dough thrown in boiling grease.
              I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Working...
              X