This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid commercial

I heard this Lowe's commercial on the radio today. Woman goes into store, finds all these buttons "press for help." She presses one and is oh-so-stunned that someone actually came. Then she says to her victim "I didn't actually have a question, but I wanted to see if someone would come."

I shudder to think of the encouragement this commercial will give the SC's. But wait, we know SC's don't read, so maybe they won't abuse the help buttons.

Right, I didn't think so either
    Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Haha, no, they won't read what the button is for (It could say, "Do not press! Will blow up world!" for all they care) but they will press it because, well, it's a button.

Oooo, shiny!
    Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

That reminds me of the commercial at my work that they have over the PA system.
      It says something along the lines of...

"Traffic was at a stand still. It was almost closing time, and Annie was out of rice krispies. She jumped out of her car and sprinted the rest of the way to the store, making it just in time...."

That's just a bad omen.
      Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

The beautiful, shiny button. The jolly, CANDY like button....

Comment

I heard a commercial for the gas station I used to work at (there's a few of them, but they are all owned by the same husband and wife). I love the exaggeration of their products they have (they don't have Kemps dairy products or anything that ISN'T generic. The only brand name stuff they have are cigarettes, booze, soda and juices).
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Why can't they make commercials from OUR point of view? Like public service announcements or something...
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              Why can't they make commercials from OUR point of view? Like public service announcements or something...
              Um, because it would be something like:

Please, just go away. Shut up and go away. For the love of all this is holy and good, shut up and go away.
              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

or
                I don't care about your day. I don't care about how the stairs make buying things awkward. Just give me the money and leave.

It's what I'm thinking half the time.
                Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

The beautiful, shiny button. The jolly, CANDY like button....
                  No, you fool! Not the History Eraser Button!
                  You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

My commercial would have an old man quickly paying and getting out of the store without giving me his life story.

Comment

Whenever you're in Lowes, there is always someone just pressing the damned button.

"Special Assistance needed in the...chain cutting area..." 30 seconds later "special assistance needed in the...chain cutting area..." 30 seconds later "chain cutting area".... 30 seconds later "chain cutting area" over and over.

Gah. I hate those commercials. OH, and the ones where they have the installers "Hey guys Pella prehung somethings!". Bah. ...
                      you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
                        No, you fool! Not the History Eraser Button!
                        Whew, someone got it. Was starting to worry. ^^

Comment

I WANNA PUSH THE BUTTON!!!!!

sorry...couldnt resist....
                          "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

The one that gets on my nerves is the one for 7-11 where the guy goes into the store "to see if they'll really brew you fresh coffee if it's not hot and fresh!" and keeps asking for fresh coffee over and over again because he can't believe they actually do it. Wanna bet people are already copycatting?
                            My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Working...
                            X