This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vendor vs. Store Policy

Yesterday, I was putting up tags when the store manager called the soda vendor over to the soda aisle which was the next aisle over. They got into an argument over the price tag policy. We now have to match the item with the tag and every item has to have a price tag and the vendor was refusing to put the soda with the correct tags. Eventually, the store manager told the vendor to leave. Earlier, the vendor blocked an area where I needed to put some of the tags I had. Luckily, at the time, I had a question for the scan coordinator about a tag or two.
    Last edited by purplecat41877; 08-29-2006, 11:23 PM. Reason: added to post
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Oh, don't get me started on the soda vendors! Oh hell, I already did.

The friggin' idiots who deliver our soda have a tendency to deliver way too much. We have Pepsi and Coke on sale on alternating weeks; Coke will be on sale one week and Pepsi the next. The vendors are supposed to cut back on their deliveries when their particular brand of soda is not on sale, but in reality they don't. On Monday Pepsi delivered three massive pallets of 12 and 24-packs, and Coke is on sale this week. Plus, they dropped all the pallets in our unload area, so before we could unload Monday's truck we had to drag those pallets out of the way. Not easy when all you have are manual pallet jacks that tend to get stuck in the pallets, whereas the vendors have electric pallet jacks.

I wish our managers would grow a pair and tell the vendors to cut back.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

What used to bug me were the candy reps who would come in and reorganize the shelves so their product was front and center, and put on all new labels.

I had my rack arranged a certain way so all the boxes would fit, and I knew what was more popular, etc.

I used to come back from a holiday or day off and find it all completely remerchandised, wiht huge gaps, or two different kinds of bars in one box because the old boxes didn't fit properly in their new spot . I would say to the girls, "WTF??? Who let them do this?"

None of them cared enough to pay attention to the dudes and stay with them when they were checking for stale product.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
        What used to bug me were the candy reps who would come in and reorganize the shelves so their product was front and center, and put on all new labels.

I had my rack arranged a certain way so all the boxes would fit, and I knew what was more popular, etc.

I used to come back from a holiday or day off and find it all completely remerchandised, wiht huge gaps, or two different kinds of bars in one box because the old boxes didn't fit properly in their new spot . I would say to the girls, "WTF??? Who let them do this?"

None of them cared enough to pay attention to the dudes and stay with them when they were checking for stale product.
        Can you pull up your planograms for the candy racks on a computer? We can and it does help when trying to get new items worked in.

Which I just got finished today, except for two items which I need extender shelving for and don't have yet (reset team comes next week.)

Usually we wait for a marketing rep to come into the store to work the new stuff in, but I had a couple of new Orbit varieties and a new Altoid come in last month that had been in the backstock.

And as dead as we've been with the new WallyWorld opening up near us, I've had time to spare.

And speaking of the soda vendors . . .what the vendors can and can't do at our stores is dictated by the contract that's agreed upon between our corporate office and their corporate office.

To me, it's common sense to place the items where the tags are . . . and they pretty much stay there. The only issues I have had w/the account managers have been with the backstock.

Luckily, we have one who will send back what's not selling. However, he can only do that if I can accept an order. So it's basically w/this one that we have a revolving door of product.

The other one does pretty good most of the time, but does order some stuff on occasion to the point where both myself and the rig driver are threatening to break his fingers. But then it can be worse: his SUPERVISOR could be doign the ordering (who we refer to as Tim the Toolman)

I had to send back an entire order b/c he was filling in for the account manager (who was on vacation) and had ordered a bunch of odd stuff that just didn't sell. He got the message quick on that . . . even my manager (Kermit) told him not to come back - ever.

At the store I'm at, we just don't have the space for a lot of backstock. And corporate likes it that way - less inventory to worry about and less cash tied up in product.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
          Yesterday, I was putting up tags when the store manager called the soda vendor over to the soda aisle which was the next aisle over. They got into an argument over the price tag policy. We now have to match the item with the tag and every item has to have a price tag and the vendor was refusing to put the soda with the correct tags. Eventually, the store manager told the vendor to leave.
          for the vendor
          to the manager

Serious, how lazy/incompetent do you have to be to NOT match your product with the shelf tags?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
          X