This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that lady will be upset

I have what my husband calls a "gift" i can look at a child that is throwing a tantrum, and as soon as they see me, they shut up. I dunno why, with the exception of my little sister (when she was 2, I swatted her b/c she wouldn't stop trying to put things in the light socket) I have never struck a child. I go to the store all the time and see kids in the floor screaming, I look at them, and they're perfect angels.

So, I went into the grocery store, and got in line my favorite cashier was back YEAH!!!! (she moved to ohio, been gone for 6 months) and I got behind a woman with a SCREAMING 3 or 4 year old. the cashier kept looking at me when the mom's back was to her. The mom just kept saying "Austin, mommy said no, you can't have candy, please stop crying, mommy doesn't like that." now, everyone has their own parenting styles, I get that, but what she was saying wasn't working, infact the kid was getting more pissed, and would scream even louder, I seriously thought he'd pass out because he wasn't breathing enough.

Finally, she says "Austin, this lady behind us is going to be upset if you don't stop." that's when he looked at me. That was it, I looked at the kid, and said "That is enough!" I didn't yell, or even more. Just used my "Mommy voice" (as Wayne calls it) guess what... no more tears then the mom goes "Excuse me?!" I said, "If you didn't want me to say something, you shouldn't have involved me." She gets in a huffy and leaves... HAHAHA... don't tell a kid I'm going to be upset if you don't want me to address the situation...

After she left, the cashier says, "God I missed you." and we laughed

It was annoying and out of line enough that the idiot woman involved you in the situation. That she was indignant when you reacted to that is beyond the pale.

I used to date a cop back when rocks were soft. I wish I had a nickle for ever lunch I had with him while he was in uniform that featured some bonehead telling her kid he'd put them in jail if they didn't behave. Yeah, way to make your young child think cops are boogiemen if they are ever lost or need help from one.

It never ceases to amaze me the number of so called parents who are afraid to be authority in their kid's life. Heres' an idiot so impotent, so powerless, so fearful of being the heavy that they are not ashamed to demonize a total innocent stranger. I spit from great height on people like this.

Comment

Go, Trish! She bluffed and you called it. Hee.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Trish, you rule! I can't tell you how it annoys me when parents say "Be quiet Little Timmy, you're gonna upset the nice lady." After hearing this all day the next parent to say it is extremely close to seeing psycho maniac lady.
        "Penny Lou Pingleton, you are absolutely, positively, permanently punished! You will live on a diet of saltines and tang, and you'll never leave this room again....Devil child! Devil child!"

Comment

Quoth Trishlovesdolphins View Post
          .....I dunno why, with the exception of my little sister (when she was 2, I swatted her b/c she wouldn't stop trying to put things in the light socket)
          I can see how that could have played out.

Trish: Hey sis, stop it. That's dangerous.
          Sis: No
          Tirsh: Your gona get hurt doing that.
          Sis: Your not the boss.
          *Trish flips light switch*
          Sis: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *Falls to floor*
          Trish: Told ya.
          Sis: (On the floor) OOOOO, you where right.

I know that would be mean and dangerous but I can't get that picture out of my head and I can't stop laughing. I suppose it's OK to laugh at it cause it didn't happen.
          "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Hokay, WHY did she bring you into the conversation and then yell at you for getting involved? It's illogical. Oh, damn i was expecting SCs to have logic, sorry. Also, Trish i have to agree, you stopped the kid from crying and you weren't nasty. Way to go! We had a guy in our toy dept. with a gift similar to yours, he quit though.

Comment

Now with my little boy, I have been known to say that if he doesn't stop when he starts throwing a fit I will spank him in front of everyone in the store!!!!! He is always very concerned about other people, and he DOES NOT want them seeing him get a spanking. (By the way, a spanking usually only consists of one smack, two tops, so I ain't beatin' the kid. ) I never try to involve any one person, though. I think I've only ever had to actually spank him once. He usually saves his really bad behavior for at home, so I feel lucky on that.

Comment

Quoth Trishlovesdolphins View Post
                Finally, she says "Austin, this lady behind us is going to be upset if you don't stop." that's when he looked at me. That was it, I looked at the kid, and said "That is enough!" I didn't yell, or even more. Just used my "Mommy voice" (as Wayne calls it) guess what... no more tears then the mom goes "Excuse me?!" I said, "If you didn't want me to say something, you shouldn't have involved me." She gets in a huffy and leaves... HAHAHA... don't tell a kid I'm going to be upset if you don't want me to address the situation...
                Good for you!!!!!!!!!

:wishing she had that power...: Oh, wait, yesterday at work, I was (as usual) checking up on the salad bar. Two young boys come tearing into the store, each with a cart. They come to a sliding stop just past me. When I look up to see what's going on, I must've had one hell of a look on my face, because their smiles faded and they started walking sedately to wherever their parents were...
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                X