This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post office Bad mom.... repost

I posted this... 2 hacks ago? I hope I remember it all, with the response of my other kid post, i thought I'd repost, some of you might remember this, if someone has the original post, I'd love to have it reposted, as I'm not 100% sure if i have all the details remembered correctly...

I went into the VERY busy post office to send off some mail, and as I walked in, there were 3 kids in the lobby, 2 boys that looked 8 or 9 and a little girl, couldn't have been more than a year or 2, she still wasn't steady on her feet. they were "playing" aka terrorizing the people who were trying to make sure they weren't going to trip on them coming out of the actual customer service part of the office.

I waited in line for about 10 minutes, got to the front and did my business, while i was there I told the clerk, "Just so you know, there are 3 unattended children in your lobby." I did this because by then I was fairly certain there parent wasn't in the lobby (glass doors) That's when I hear "EXCUSE ME! those are MY children, and they're not unattended they're PLAYING" the lady at the window next to me was apparently their mother. I don't think I said anything else, I just let it go.

Well, she went out to leave, and about 45 seconds later comes back SCREAMING at the clerk. apparently the brothers were being brothers and thought it would be fun to shove their sister into the big package slot. The mom freaked. Screaming at the clerk, how she would sue, and get her fired, she wanted to call the cops blah blah blah. not once asking where the slot went, or if the drop could have killed her child. the poor clerk was about to lose it.

this is another fuzzy part, but this is best I remember...
    after i saw the poor 60 plus little woman almost cry i butt in. "If i were you i would be asking about your kid NOT threatening that lady" she tried to cut me off "BECAUSE (i talked over her) if i were that clerk I would have called cps for leaving your kids unattended. you should be kissing her ass and asking about your kid. what kind of mother leave THREE children alone, not even in sight?! I'm giving this lady my information, so if she decides to call on you she'll have a witness, and if you call her boss she'll have a witness. " about that time a very pissed looking man came in carrying the daughter "If i were you, i'd take your kids and leave, and pray to god that I don't call cps on your ass!"
    again, that was the jest, though the wording might be off.
    so, after i said all that she just walked out without another word, and i did leave my info. but i was never called. btw, the clerk told me that the drop the girl fell would have been about 6 feet if the mail cart hadn't been half full... on a concrete floor too. might not have killed her, but definatly would have hurt.

is the matter with that woman??? Holy !!!!!!!!!!
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Shove the woman through the slot w/out the mail cart being there.

Comment

Quoth RogueOne View Post
        Shove the woman through the slot w/out the mail cart being there.
        I like the way you think! Um playing = in an appropriate setting WITH a responsible adult or older sib (like teenaged) watching the kidlet. I generally like children but hate brats. Too bad a mandated reporter (doctor, cop or other such person) was not in the post office....

Comment

Working...
        X