This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, because serving you is the only good thing going on in my life

This guy was just irritating. He came into the bar when we were busy, and walked up to me.

SC: Now, I know you don't do table service here but I was wondering...can I have table service?
    Me: I'm sorry sir, but we are too busy to give you table service. If I were to give you table service, then everyone else would want it.
    SC: But just think of how happy it is going to make you feel!
    Me: Happy?
    SC: Yes! When I leave here, you will be happy knowing that you have made a customer happy!
    Me: But sir, I will have left about 150 people unhappy because I will be ignoring them in order to give you table service.
    SC: Look, if you knew ANYTHING about customer service, you would do as I asked and be happy.
    Me: Sir, I have about one hundred customers who have ordered food, and are waiting for meals. Is it good customer service to forget about them just so you don't have to wait in line?
    SC: So, you're saying I have to wait? Like everyone else?
    Me: Yes sir.
    SC: Well, I don't want to do that. I'm leaving. That won't make you happy, will it?
    Me: No comment sir.

Yes because I do get my kicks out of making a single customer happy. My friends, my family, my loved ones, they don't make me happy. A single customer is all I need to make me happy!

Yeah right.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    SC: Well, I don't want to do that. I'm leaving. That won't make you happy, will it?
    Me: No comment sir.

I can't say I was with him up to that statement - he was wrong on every level, but that comment makes me think he was out right delusional.

I imagine you threw a party when he left you were so pleased to see him go.

Victoria J

Comment

Apparently I know nothing about customer service because what makes me happy is then they friggen leave....
      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

...wow I was waiting for "dont you know who I am!"

Comment

Quoth iviles View Post
          ...wow I was waiting for "dont you know who I am!"

I expected one of three responses:

1) "Where's your manager?!"
          2) "I'm going to go the competition then!"
          3) "I've spent X amount of money - you should make an exception for me!"

I'm always entertained by folks who ask me if I know what good customer service is, and then proceed to describe something that isn't anywhere on the same planet as good customer service.
          Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

"Actually, sir, that would make me very happy. Good day."

Comment

i know what it is, but sometimes, i just don't feel you deserve it. now are you happy?

waahhbulance time for that one.

i love it when they don't get their way that they almost always fall onto the 'good customer' service schtick. yes, because ignoring everyone in favor of your selfish ass is good service.

i choose the majority's happiness over one self absorbed jackass any day.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

No I won't serve your food, but I will serve your arse on a plate!
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

You should find out where he works, come in, and demand he drop everything he's doing to make you happy...
                  My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

the only way I'd be happier is if I got to watch you slip and fall on your arse on the way out.
                    Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
                      You should find out where he works, come in, and demand he drop everything he's doing to make you happy...
                      That would be so great but you know they would flip out and call security.

Comment

This thread makes me go all Star Trekkie....

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

lol! oh yes, because your world revolves around that guys life. er no!
                          it's said that no sane person could bite another person and draw blood. I've done it before, but then again sanity has always been questionable in our family.

Comment

Did somebody order a Wah-Burger with a side of French Cries? Seriously, dude must be delusional to think that people in customer service are supposed to bend at the whim of a customer with a big Kool-Aid smile no matter what. NOT!
                            Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 03-14-2008, 05:19 AM.
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'm picturing that entire conversation taking place with you having a neutral expression on your face until you deliver the "no comment" line. That's when you get a great big happy grin.
                              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X