This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Offered to Help Bag

Yesterday, I opened up a register to get the lines down and there was a customer with a big order. I asked my service desk coworker, who was also covering in a register then, where the bagger was and she told me he was on break and he was the only bagger scheduled then. Luckily, the customer offered to help bag her groceries. I also bagged some groceries so they wouldn't pile up on the counter that spins.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Yeah, being a former bagger myself, I will always hop in and bag my own things if the store is short handed at the moment. My guess is that at one point in time she had been in your shoes.

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
      Luckily, the customer offered to help bag her groceries. I also bagged some groceries so they wouldn't pile up on the counter that spins.
      You should move to Sweden. Here, it is normal for the customer to bag
      his stuff himself. I like it that way. I get to decide what to put where,
      how to divide stuff between multiple bags, etc.

Comment

Quoth Blinky View Post
        Yeah, being a former bagger myself, I will always hop in and bag my own things if the store is short handed at the moment. My guess is that at one point in time she had been in your shoes.
        I do the same thing. It's amazing that I still remember how after roughly 17 years.

I used to hate it when someone who was perfectly able-bodied would bring up a full cart when I didn't have a bagger, and would just stand there and watch me (and sometimes glare at me, like I wasn't doing it fast enough) while I bagged all their crap. You want to get out of there faster, how about giving me a hand?
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

i hate when i go grocery shopping and someone bags my groceries... either they make the bags too heavy and they rip... or they put 1-2 things in each bag and i end up with 20 bags!!!... i would rather just do it myself..this way it get done to my liking...then when im done bagging my groceries, i always bag my moms since we go grocery shopping together every week

Comment

I think I was a bit of an SC for a good reason today. The customer loaded her cart onto the belt and decided to go back to get something. The cashier started to ring her stuff. So, I decided to help bag the lady's groceries. No problem. The cashier thanked me for the help. The lady comes back and is furious with me.

After the cashier started ringing my mother's stuff, a bagger comes up. He places meat products in with cereal, puts meat in with icecream, and shoves too many products into one bag. So, after he left, I grabbed a few extra bags and walked out of the store and rebagged the stuff myself.

NEVER put meat products in with anything else but meat. Dairy stays with dairy. Delicate fruits get their own bags. Boxed items stay with boxed items. If the bag is stuffed so much that it looks like it is going to erupt like Mt. St. Helen, then it's too full!

Anymore these days, I prefer bagging my own groceries.
            At the end of the day, customers are NOT always right.

Comment

Working...
            X