Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you really CAN read the customer's mind.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you really CAN read the customer's mind.

An exchange from yesterday:

Customer: "I'm looking for that Bill Murray underwater movie."
    Me: "The Life Aquatic? I didn't watch it but I don't hear good things about it."
    C: "A friend said it was good so I'll try it. He told me another one I can't remember also."
    Me: "Can you tell me anything about it?"
    C: "I think the title was long..."
    Me: "You want Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind."
    C: *stops dead* "That's it! How could you POSSIBLY have known that?"
    Me: "I just knew."

Later, one of my CSR's asked me how I'd known?

I told her that since he thought the title was long and the movie reviewer obviously liked off beat comedies and that no one can ever remember the name of that movie it was the obvious choice.

The logic behind it made her stop and ~blank stare~ then give me a high five.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Oh yeah, I've done that a time or two with Eternal Sunshine. My favorite, though, was the time a guy came in asking for 'that wierd british comedy with the messed up ending and a guy named Tim' he'd seen years ago. Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I feel your pain, I worked for a video store for nearly three years, I too can practice my mind reading skills!

Comment

I've done stuff like that. With a vauge description of plot, a simple character name, an actor, setting, or bastardization of the title, I can usually pick out the movie they want. And there have been the few times I haven't even needed them to open their mouthes.

Of course, when I really creep people out is when I can tell them where they left something, without knowing what it is or when they last used it. Of course, that's usually a matter of knowing the person and how they operate.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
        X