This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Radio Station truning out many SCs

I used to work at this store, these coupons were a bit of a hassle then but now.. WOW. There are these nice color cupons that are given to angry customers or other occsions. They are good for a free gallon of premium store brand icecream with a $10 purchase and $5 off a $20.00 purchase. Seems that someone at that radio station got a hold of these and photocopied them onto one paper and marked out the purchase requirements and exipration dates. Now these cupons appear on a single piece of paper and have Happy Birthday written between them. They raido station announces a winner every day and they can pick up their "prize"

Well, when they come into the store they think they're getting a prize but they don't. The cashier won't accept the cupon because it's a photocopy. Of course the customer is angry and directs it at them, as I saw the other day. I understand they're angry but it's the radio station's fault. A friend told me that they called them and they said they'd stop but they haven't. It's obvious that people are trying to scam with them, and some people are giving them out to others. So last time I talked to a friend there it was a big problem, they even put up a sign but you know how that works.. either they don't read it or they think it dosen't apply to them.

Isn't there a law about recreating/editing coupons and trying to put them out as real? Like, fraud or something? Someone should talk to whoever runs that radio station.

Comment

Talk to the GM of the radio station, or run a nice small ad in the newspaper noting that the coupons being given by XXX radio station are no good and will not be honored due to them being photocopies. That'll prompt the station.
      Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth CanadaGirl View Post
        Isn't there a law about recreating/editing coupons and trying to put them out as real? Like, fraud or something? Someone should talk to whoever runs that radio station.
        Hell, talk to the cops! THAT will get the radio station's attention.

Comment

Yes, call the police. What is occurring is attempt theft by fraud. The radio station is attempting to steal money from your company with false coupons. Trust me, the police will take it seriously.

Comment

Working...
          X