This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signature

Okay, most of you have them, and after reading the threads about screen names and avatars, I began to wonder why some signatures were used.
    So tell why you chose yours and were it comes from.

I'll start.

My frist one is a quote from my BFF and yes she really said it and yes it was directed to me. And yes I totally agree with her. (I fear for my future children)

The second is from a T-shirt I saw in a catalog. I really want to buy one because it is soooo me. I have dyslexia and am always mocking my own inability to spell. (A long time ago I learned how to hide that fact, so most people can't tell. Let's just say spell check is my friend.)
    Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

#1 is one of my all-time favorite quotes from a great man who is no longer with us.

#2 is a line from a show I don't watch, but a good friend of mine does and passed it along to me. It fits.

#3 is a rotating song lyric - how often it rotates depends on how lazy I am, but it's usually something that's meaningful to me and may or may not be broadly amusing.
    Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

My first one is obviously a quote from Stephen Colbert. Any fans of the show will know that he always opens with funny comments about the 3 major topics planned for the show, with a funny caption on the screen, like a news teaser. Then he says some random funny line, follwed by "This is the Colbert Report"... my quote was the random line from that show.

The second one is from George Carlin's bit on abortion. It's something I agree with, but I figured it's too much of a politically divisive issue to quote most of it on this board; but anyone who is familiar with the bit might recognize the line was in my George Carlin calendar from a few weeks ago. I like dogs.
      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 07-22-2008, 11:41 PM.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I quoted Blas.

And I am a huge fan of another posters' cosplaying (costuming) techniques. He's very good at it.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

This was my favorite quote from the movie Mommie Dearest (Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford). The second one is self-explanatory and that's from one of my favorite shows King of the Hill (Hank Hill).
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'm a rabbid RetroMUD fan and constantly log on for hours and just idle or chit-chat versus going out farming (killing mobs for exp & eq). This particular day, I was idling and I read the post about the woman swearing someone stole her trunk.

So I started simply ranting in the chat channel on how I had zero faith in humanity.

I get a tell (sort of like a pm) from Justsomedude (that is his name) and we have a discussion that lead to such quote. It shut me up for a moment and realized... it fits.
            "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

The first one was how I described my day to a friend once.

The second was the jewel that fell out of Bunny's soon to be husband when he saw me jump. (referring to my chest bouncing)
              My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Mine is from a gargoyle bat objet de art I saw online once.

I live it.

I want to get it tattooed in Danish and Irish Gaelic someday.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Bash.org. Need I say more?
                  Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

1. I got this from a reply from Shangri-laschild in a post in General Work Chat. I don't remember which one, but I thought it was amazing and decided to use it.

2. Is a hilarious quote from JuniorMintz in War Stories.

3. Is a quote a got from Christopher Judge from a youtube clip of a convention.
                    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

My sig is a quote from a Bad Religion song. I put it there 'cause I'm a fan of the band and because I felt it fit the theme of the board quite nicely.
                      The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

*looks at Avatar* *looks at title* I think everyone here's a smart cookie, so I'll leave it at that.

Also, I'm the one who gave Puck that one quote...
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

1st one: A saying I made up about the 2008 Milwaukee Brewers and their useless piece of shit of a closer who they spent mega-bucks on.

2nd one: A humorous saying I picked up from somewhere. I can't remember where.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            2nd one: A humorous saying I picked up from somewhere. I can't remember where.
                            Didn't you get it in chat?
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Trayol View Post
                              3. Is a quote a got from Christopher Judge from a youtube clip of a convention.
                              What? no cookie for showing it to you?

Okay, here we go.

#1 is an extention of my title. I come up with evil stuff to do, I just stop short of doing the really dark ones. All the lighter ones are open season though. :P

#2 is set up to support my MMO guild which is doing little city thing. It's an interesting social experiment and fun to see the effects.

#3 well, I got my A+ certification, which has been a long time in coming, so I'm pretty happy about it.
                              I AM the evil bastard!
                              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                              X